Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
New Arrival

Question Calling in a fake prescription

So, SWIM has been reading up on the idea of cashing in a fake prescription at a local pharmacy, and while dangerous and risky, they've come up with a decent method, but still have some questions for anyone with experience.

First off, the scrip would be for a CIII drug, and instead of forging the scrip pad, they would be calling it directly into the pharmacy during peak hours (around lunchtime) posing as a member of the doctor's staff. There's a surprising amount of info on the net on the protocol for calling in a script to the pharmacy. Doctors/nurses call the public line at the pharmacy, and the conversation with the tech/pharmacist that answers goes something like this:

"Hi, this is Jane, J-A-N-E, from Dr. Doe's, D-O-E, office. Our phone number is 555-5555, 555-5555. Calling in a new prescription from patient Julie Smith, S-M-I-T-H, DOB 1-30-75, for Vicodin 5/500, quantity ninety, nine-zero, directions 1 tab tid prn, no refills. Again [repeat script info from patient name to refills]. Any questions, call me back at 555-5555. Thank you!"

Logically, they would have to have all necessary info on hand and be practiced with saying it confidently and accurately, including the doctor's DEA #. Then, they would call in a half hour or so later as the patient and ask if his/her doc had called in the scrip yet and if it is ready for pickup. If they say yes and it sounds legit, then the person could go try to pick it up and if anything feels fishy, leave immediately before any LE makes an appearance.

Questions:

- The doctor and DEA number they have match up, but it is for an MD who practices as a psychiatrist. Would this show up in the search database and be cause for concern to any pharmacist dispensing CIII opiates?

-They would have to give a callback number for the "doctor's office" to the answering pharmacist/tech in case they DO call back to verify that the scrip has been written. Since no friends can be involved in the scam, they would have to give out their own cell number. Chances are, if pulled off confidently and professionally, the pharmacy PROBABLY wont do a callback (the place in question is a very high volume pharmacy), but if they do would it be too suspicious if the number for the "office" contact was a cell phone?

Any other constructive comments, advice, or stories would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, BI!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Re: Calling in a fake prescription

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdiver View Post
So, SWIM has been reading up on the idea of cashing in a fake prescription at a local pharmacy, and while dangerous and risky, they've come up with a decent method, but still have some questions for anyone with experience.

First off, the scrip would be for a CIII drug, and instead of forging the scrip pad, they would be calling it directly into the pharmacy during peak hours (around lunchtime) posing as a member of the doctor's staff. There's a surprising amount of info on the net on the protocol for calling in a script to the pharmacy. Doctors/nurses call the public line at the pharmacy, and the conversation with the tech/pharmacist that answers goes something like this:

"Hi, this is Jane, J-A-N-E, from Dr. Doe's, D-O-E, office. Our phone number is 555-5555, 555-5555. Calling in a new prescription from patient Julie Smith, S-M-I-T-H, DOB 1-30-75, for Vicodin 5/500, quantity ninety, nine-zero, directions 1 tab tid prn, no refills. Again [repeat script info from patient name to refills]. Any questions, call me back at 555-5555. Thank you!"

Logically, they would have to have all necessary info on hand and be practiced with saying it confidently and accurately, including the doctor's DEA #. Then, they would call in a half hour or so later as the patient and ask if his/her doc had called in the scrip yet and if it is ready for pickup. If they say yes and it sounds legit, then the person could go try to pick it up and if anything feels fishy, leave immediately before any LE makes an appearance.

Questions:

- The doctor and DEA number they have match up, but it is for an MD who practices as a psychiatrist. Would this show up in the search database and be cause for concern to any pharmacist dispensing CIII opiates?

-They would have to give a callback number for the "doctor's office" to the answering pharmacist/tech in case they DO call back to verify that the scrip has been written. Since no friends can be involved in the scam, they would have to give out their own cell number. Chances are, if pulled off confidently and professionally, the pharmacy PROBABLY wont do a callback (the place in question is a very high volume pharmacy), but if they do would it be too suspicious if the number for the "office" contact was a cell phone?

Any other constructive comments, advice, or stories would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, BI!
Get a prepaid phone, so you dont risk them tracking you based on your number. Also when you register for the prepaid phone, you should put the name of the doctors office or something, so if they have callar id chances are the name will appear on it and it will be less suspicious.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 AM
Count

That's actually pretty good.

Nice post OP
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Mud Farmer

Acquiring prescription drugs by subterfuge is a class IV or V felony. I'm sure you can think of a safer way to get your class III narcotics.

Also, this has been discussed before.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
New Arrival

This is a significantly different way of getting the same end result, so different in fact that the post you cited has almost NO bearing on the process to be attempted in this thread. Different discussion altogether, and I am aware of the repurcussions, isn't this forum called BAD IDEAS?

Thanks to those that posted, and any other constructive input would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Knight

I worked in a pharmacy and I really don't see any r.PH's going to the trouble of getting law enforcement involved unless they're really super uptight. All I think they'll do if they suspect bullshit is snarl at you and tell you they can't fill it.