Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 12-27-2009, 04:48 AM
Baron

Cool How to make an ATM skimmer

I take no responsibility for these instructions! They were made mostly from bits of info and talking to other people I've met, so I'm not making any guarantees. In addition, I have not tried to make this myself, and this unit will NOT work on all ATMs. I am also not an authority on skimming, so don't ask me about it. BADMAN seems to be our resident guru, and I believe a couple others know some things about it too. Hopefully they'll post here, and share the knowledge. Either way, I hope this helps someone make a working skimmer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Making a skimmer isn't as hard as people would like you to think it is. If you have basic craft skills, you can make a pretty good one. Of course, it won't be as good the pros make, but it will serve it's purpose.

You'll need a:
Depending on the type of skimmer you may need minor additional products to replicate the unit on the ATM.

Now, the first thing you would need to do is to indentify the type of skimmer you want to make. Obviously, you want to choose one that is common among ATMs in your area. Now, once you've decided on the type, you need to obtain it. There are two ways to do this. You can either buy it as a replacement part online (from a supply company) or make a copy.

To make a copy, open your aluminite starter kit and you will find some clay bars. Combine these two bars into one. Go to the ATM and firmly (but unsuspiciously) press the clay onto the reader. Pull it off gently and you should have a good impression of the reader. Take the impression home and use the resin mixture from your starter kit to make a copy of the ATM's reader. Be careful, because it dries in under 3 minutes. Ok, so at this point, you should now have a replica of the ATM reader. Now, you may want to lightly spray WD40 before applying the clay that you don't leave any residue. Just make sure to wipe off the oil afterwards. Of course, it's good to do all this at night, so no "concerned citizens" fuck you up. If you trust him, ask your friend at the bank, or your friend who's an ATM repairman to make the mold. Of course, you better fucking trust him, and make sure he's not a squealing idiot, because otherwise you're screwed.

Anyway, now that you have the replica of the reader. Disassemble the MSR500M so it's completely out of its housing. Make sure not to break anything, the thing costs $250. Anyway, you'll see that it's got a pretty simple design. That's good, because the key part to making a skimmer is the position of the reader. It MUST be in the correct position to read the cards properly, otherwise, all your work and stress has gone to shit. Therefore, depending on the design, dremel the head enclosure as small as possible to get the right fit. The metal brackets holding it in are there to ensure the reader can move to allow the card to go past the head. Of course, the smaller it is the better. Use the PCmetal putty to accommodate for the dremeled brackets.

Now, once your at this stage, you need to design your skimmer. Place your MR500M parts where they best fit on top of the replica reader. ou should place it in such a way that you can have access to it to turn it on and off. You can use a toothpick to ensure a channel to the on off switch, if you'd like. Anyway, apply one layer of Saran wrap over your replica reader and MSR parts, so the clay doesn't stick to it. Start placing the clay from your starter kit on top of the Saran wrap, so as to minic the design of the orginal reader enclosure. The readers are very basic and clay is very pliable, so it should be rather easy to replicate the design. Make sure that everything is flat and smooth, you don't want someone to cut themselves on it, and then discover the skimmer. You could even use a credit card to ensure smooth lines and flat surfaces (but a straight metal ruler is probably a better choice ). Ok, so once you're happy with your design, gently lift off the clay. BE VERY CAREFUL here, it's important to make sure everything stays together. At this point, you should have a clay representation of your skimmer. Use your starter kit and follow the directions on how to make mold. From the mold, you want to make a resin unit. Place your MSR500M parts into the unit the same way you had them layed out on top of the original reader. Use the PCmetal putty as needed to secure the parts in the unit. Give it a shake after the putty dries, you don't want something coming loose due to an over-eager bank customer. Next, sandpaper the rough edges and spray paint the unit the same color as the reader on the ATM. This is important, it should be very close, if not exactly the same color as the one on the ATM.

At this stage, you're ready to test the skimmer. Run a card through a couple of times. Make sure the skimmer looks like the ATM unit. Check the memory to ensure that the card read properly. If everything is good, continue on. Now, once you have ensured that your skimmer lines up perfectly with the ATM, you're ready to go. Use the PCmetal putty to create a string bond with the ATM. This will make it pretty hard to take off. Even if you break it while trying to take it off, you'll still have the molds to make another. Anyway, position it on there, make sure everything looks good, and leave quietly. Congrats, you've now got a genuine, working skimmer. Enjoy, and thank me if you like the guide.

Last edited by v0x; 12-28-2009 at 09:08 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
-SpectraL (12-27-2009), Captain Falcon (12-28-2009), Freegames&movies (12-17-2012), FrY (12-28-2009), God Like (01-09-2010), litefire (12-27-2009), Paco (12-28-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 AM
President Of The Fragyard

Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: How to make an ATM skimmer

NICE!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Marquis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qK46L2b_c

Hummm sounds nice-o-!
i have to poop. (01-18-2010)
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Serf

Thats like what i posted, but easier to read lol
Old 12-28-2009, 07:55 AM
New Arrival

This is the shittiest ATM skimmer you'd make. Also you copy/pasted from csu or cz. And The mini123 head is way to big for skimming.

All you have to do is buy a zippo lighter nd use the casing to make a mold of a skimmer. This will fit the NCR models. And you also need a very small head. (10x smaller than the mini123).

Last edited by BADMAN; 12-28-2009 at 07:58 AM.
dog with shifty eyes (05-08-2011), v0x (12-30-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADMAN View Post
This is the shittiest ATM skimmer you'd make. Also you copy/pasted from csu or cz. And The mini123 head is way to big for skimming.
I never said it was good. Did you even read warning? And I'm not a member on either of those sites. This tut was made from talking to people & a couple guides I've seen on IRC.

Quote:
All you have to do is buy a zippo lighter and use the casing to make a mold of a skimmer. This will fit the NCR models. And you also need a very small head. (10x smaller than the mini123).
Thanks for the contribution . You obviously know more than I do about skimming (and I'm not being sarcastic here at all), so please expound on this. Maybe a guide or info on skimmers that fit other ATMs (Diebold, Wincor, etc.)

Last edited by v0x; 12-28-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0x View Post
I never said it was good. Did you even read warning? And I'm not a member on either of those sites. This tut was made from talking to people & a couple guides I've seen on IRC.
No this tutorial was a straight c/p Unless you and the author have the exact same way of putting words together.....Just admit it man you have to give credit to watermelon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0x View Post
Thanks for the contribution . You obviously know more than I do about skimming (and I'm not being sarcastic here at all), so please expound on this. Maybe a guide or info on skimmers that fit other ATMs (Diebold, Wincor, etc.)
Well the only thing I can recommend for higher quality is buy a bezel online and make a skimmer out of that.
Azure (12-28-2009), v0x (12-30-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 PM

wil the owner of this post please own up!...

Title: HOW TO MAKE ATM SKIMMER !!
Post by: Cash out on August 07, 2008, 05:04:43 pm
First of all, this is my first post. I'd like to say hi to everyone. I thought I would start off my post with something useful. I take no responsibility for these instructions. They were given to me from a friend.

These instructions are very good.

Granted you're results will be nowhere near as fantastic as Dron's product.

It still proves it's possible tomake something from almost nothing.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You will need a
dremel

msr 500m

http://www.msrfactory.com/msr500mwebsite.htm

Aluminite Starter Kit

http://www.alumilite.com/checkout/pr...products_id=49

pcmetal putty

http://www.pcepoxy.com/puttyepoxies/pcmetal.asp

Fine grade sandpaper

Spraypaint

Depending on the type of skimmer you may need minor additional products to replica the unit.

First thing you would need is to indentify the type of skimmer you want to make.

Perferable choose one that is common in your area.

Once you had the type you need to obtain a copy of the original reader that your skimmer will be covering.

There are two ways to do this. You can either buy it as a replacement part online or make a copy.

To make a copy, open your aluminite starter kit and you will find clay bars.
Combine the bars into one.

Go the atm and firmly press the clay onto reader.
Pull it off gentley and you should have a impression of the reader.
Take it home and use the resin mixture from your starter kit
to make a copy of the atms reader.
It dries hard in under 3 minutes.
You should now have at this point a replica of your targets reader.
You may want to lightly spray wd40 before appling the clay to insure
that you dont leave clay residue.
Just be sure to wipe it clean after.
Its best to do this very late at night to ensure no prying eyes.

Now that you have the replica of the reader.
Disasemble the msr500 completely out of its housing.
You will see that it is very simplistic in design.
The key part to making a skimmer is the position of the reader.
It must be in the correct position to read the cards properly.
So depending on the design dremel the head enclosure to as small as possible.

The metal brackets holding it in, is to ensure the reader has movement
to allow the card axcess to proceed past the head.
the smaller the better.

Use the pcmetal putty to accomidate for the nessesary dremeled brackets.

Once your at this stage, You need to design your skimmer .

Place your msr500 parts where it best fits ontop of the replica reader.
It good to place it in such a way that you can have access to turn it on and off.
I use a toothpick to ensure a channel to the on off switch.
Apply one layer of suran wrap over your replica reader and msr parts,
this is to ensure the clay does not stick to it.
Start placing the clay from your starter kit ontop of the suran wrap
in such a way to minic the design of the orginal reader enclosure.
The readers are very basic and clay is very pliable,
so it should be rather easy to replicate a design.
make sure that everything is flat and smooth.
I use cards to ensure smooth lines and flat surfaces.
once you are happy with your design, gently lift off the clay.
You should have at this point a clay representation of your skimmer.
Use your starter kit and follow the directions on how to make mold.
From the mold make a resin unit.
Place your msr500 parts into the unit the same way you had them layed out
ontop of the original reader.
Use the pcmetal putty as needed to secure the parts
into the unit.
Next, sandpaper the rough edges and spray paint the unit the color to match the atm.
Your ready to test at this stage. Once you have sucessfully tested to ensure your skimmer lines up perfectly with the atm your ready to go . Use the pcmetal to create a good bond with the atm. it makes it hard to get off. Even if you break it, taking it off. You still have the molds to make another.

PEACE

C.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrY View Post
lol a speaker on a atm? lmao what was that guy thinking. should of hid it in something else like a shelf that holds bank brochures
Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 AM

Thanks v0x. Awesome posts like this are why I like BI.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Baron

Quote:
No this tutorial was a straight c/p Unless you and the author have the exact same way of putting words together.....Just admit it man you have to give credit to watermelon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannyfart View Post
wil the owner of this post please own up!...

<guide by "Cash out">

PEACE

C.
Well, I guess the same tut has been rebranded for years, by both Cash out and watermelon (whoever they are). I got it in several pieces from two different people on IRC channels (who both said they didn't write it; at least someone's honest haha). I've never been a member of CardingZone or CSU (which stands for?). If I would've known that this was a c&p, I would've said so. Either way, it hardly matters now, since no one even knows who the original author is, and that I've improved it a bit. Anyway, thanks for enlightening me.

Quote:
Well the only thing I can recommend for higher quality is buy a bezel online and make a skimmer out of that.
Interesting... I'll look into this, and see if I can find a suitable one. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
New Arrival

This has been around since 2006 to be honest. When you actually start assembling it you'll notice theres many flaws in this. Then you'll be on your own
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
New Arrival

i trade the skimmer circuit schematic(very small circuit and cheap about 50 bucks)

for wincor nixford shell design...
i will give the online shops for the magnetic head reader 3 tracks, and of the circuit that will storage the information on a micro sd card

I dont want to make money with you, i will just exchange informations of the circuit and parts for the plastic shell skimmer design and dimensions

Last edited by ghostbuster; 01-05-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
New Arrival

I'm interested.. what are the steps to build one?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
New Arrival

you need a inteli head reader that outputs rs-232 signal, and an rs232 logger
Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 AM
New Arrival

i found a 3d printing company here in my town, but i need the dimmensions of a skimmer like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qB01Ar4mS8 for wincor atm, anyone have them? so i can draw the skimmer in a 3d program ant they print him to plastic
Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrY View Post
dude thats great lololol
Old 02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
New Arrival

yo ! Ghostbuster i sent you a pm did you get it ?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihghggh234234 View Post
you have pm
Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 AM
New Arrival

I wouldn't recommended doing this unless you have a lot of spare time and just want to fuck around..

The result of this will yield you a fairly worthless skimmer..
Old 02-15-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyote View Post
I wouldn't recommended doing this unless you have a lot of spare time and just want to fuck around..

The result of this will yield you a fairly worthless skimmer..
its a good starting point though...peepz have to start somewhere...whoever is serious about doing this will make, and i repeat will make, an awesome skimmer...but most importantly,those who know how to use their own noggins combined with this method is sure to make themselves very rich...but thats only for the serious few who choose...this applies to everything

Last edited by fannyfart; 02-15-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Regular

I have to agree, it's a lot of trial and error and learning. You won't make it overnight. The rewards can make it worthwhile to suffer through though.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
New Arrival

Re: How to make an ATM skimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihghggh234234
you have pm

GHOSTBUSTER YOU HAVE PM !
Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihghggh234234 View Post
Re: How to make an ATM skimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihghggh234234
you have pm

GHOSTBUSTER YOU HAVE PM !
You have PM
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 AM
New Arrival

Cool Re: How to make an ATM skimmer

YouTube - atm skimmer with sim card

this is badddddddd......
Old 05-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondoe007 View Post
YouTube - atm skimmer with sim card

this is badddddddd......
hes a scammer...googled his email adress

its just a piece of plastic with a sim card thingy ma bob on... and a few glued wires...would be nice if it was the real deal
Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
New Arrival

hi everyone i want to buy equipment, please leave email addresses, .... no scams ... thanks
Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Serf

What equipment do you want to buy? I've got plenty of card readers and writers if you're interested.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Mud Farmer

Actually instead of using the mini msr-s a better way to go is to get one from madeinchina.com( u will need to register). Look for the msr008 its ultra small, u can fit it into anything. its basicly 14mm by 7mm plus some wires and a read head. Also u dont need a three track magnetic head u only need to have track 2 data to clone the card and use it. So if you order the msr008 wich is $395 u can ask them to configure it with a mini magnetic head with one track which is 3mm by 3mm by 3 mm as small as they get. Unless you know how to create your own. And as far as the mold you need to buy the actual basel that you want to use from ebay or an atm part company that doest require you to be registered company. Btw the 3mm magnetic heads only cost $10-20 a piece. Also the msr008 comes with interupted read functions and is pasword encripted, its worth the money if u are serious. Also u can make an audio skimmer but those are kind of hard to get the information decoded afterword.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Archduke

http://www.cardreadertech.com/product.php?id_product=28

Do people actually have to make a full front of an ATM to pull this off?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludiq View Post
Actually instead of using the mini msr-s a better way to go is to get one from madeinchina.com( u will need to register). Look for the msr008 its ultra small, u can fit it into anything. its basicly 14mm by 7mm plus some wires and a read head. Also u dont need a three track magnetic head u only need to have track 2 data to clone the card and use it. So if you order the msr008 wich is $395 u can ask them to configure it with a mini magnetic head with one track which is 3mm by 3mm by 3 mm as small as they get. Unless you know how to create your own. And as far as the mold you need to buy the actual basel that you want to use from ebay or an atm part company that doest require you to be registered company. Btw the 3mm magnetic heads only cost $10-20 a piece. Also the msr008 comes with interupted read functions and is pasword encripted, its worth the money if u are serious. Also u can make an audio skimmer but those are kind of hard to get the information decoded afterword.
Have u dealt with these guys? Are they legit? Or will they just take ur money and tell u to fuck off. Reason I ask is because the msrv008 is sold at another verifiable website for thousands of dollars.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
http://www.cardreadertech.com/product.php?id_product=28

Do people actually have to make a full front of an ATM to pull this off?
Most definitely. But its getting cheaper and cheaper just for the plastic molding everyday.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Mud Farmer

hi there!
any info's about skimmers based on sms sending? (how to)
and about the audio skimmer, or the videocam attached to skimmer?

(if it has been discussed, please excuse me. I'm pretty new here...)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown222 View Post
hi there!
any info's about skimmers based on sms sending? (how to)
and about the audio skimmer, or the videocam attached to skimmer?

(if it has been discussed, please excuse me. I'm pretty new here...)
For starters, you can't make a skimmer with MSR500M.

The only good reader for skimming is MSRV007. It costs $2000.

It is fucking tiny though. Fits straight onto a bezel.

Good luck skimming with a MSR500M.....
Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Peasant

I think its useless for europe..(maybe to cashout in china,maroc, dominican republic etc..) Or I am gettin old?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Mud Farmer

i wasn't thinking about msr500m, but this topic seemed to be the most complete at the time of posting. (yeah, i know..i found meanwhile another topic, better then this).

But my questions are still the same, because i didn't find any info's about gsm based skimmers, or fitting the videocamera). Just wondering about 'how to'.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown222 View Post
i wasn't thinking about msr500m, but this topic seemed to be the most complete at the time of posting. (yeah, i know..i found meanwhile another topic, better then this).

But my questions are still the same, because i didn't find any info's about gsm based skimmers, or fitting the videocamera). Just wondering about 'how to'.
When I looked on the web about GSM skimmers all I could find is them for sale. Not how to build them :/

ATM GSM skimmers usually consist of 2 phones, 1 which records PIN and the other which sends the dump info.

Phone 1 & 2 are in sync. You get 2 messages when someone uses the ATM.

Phone 1 sends PIN number and phone 2 sends dump track info.

By the way nobody uses cameras anymore.

Phone 1 is hooked up to a fake keypad so that the PIN is directly sent along with the corresponding dump track info.

Cameras are shit because you have to replay footage and sync everything.

The phone used is Sony Ericsson W850i
Old 01-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Serf

Why not worth it in europe ? Are all european countries in chip and pin ?

And my friend heard there are also the audio ones that decode the subharmonics of the keypad
and transmit it as a package with 1 sms with 1 simcard.
These subharmonics are not heard by the human ear, but can be picked up.

The algorithm though would be pretty tricky .
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Duke

Shout out to the mods, can we get this thread archived? It's good and gets brought up a fair bit...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmo View Post
Why not worth it in europe ? Are all european countries in chip and pin ?

And my friend heard there are also the audio ones that decode the subharmonics of the keypad
and transmit it as a package with 1 sms with 1 simcard.
These subharmonics are not heard by the human ear, but can be picked up.

The algorithm though would be pretty tricky .
Not sure about Europe but you can use keypad to get PIN then cashout.

And why fuck around with audio when you can hook a W850i up to a fake atm keypad?

Some Russians were renting and selling them IIRC.