Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Old 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Count

Send a message via Yahoo to sexualjesus
Default most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

after seeing this.

i had a thought about a pretentiousness, arragant people who think there better then others because of there unique belief's/ better cars/ better lifestyle.

with that picture, my thought came that atheist's are thought to be pretentious, always thinking there better then others, like a linux user telling people who use vista that there stupid.

but then i realised, that theist's, telling athiest's that there beliefs are lame, made them much more cocky, not because its the better belief, but because theres more athiest's and getting that unique uper hand somehow makes them the better person.

so i thought id come and ask what people think about the worst most arragant bombastic assholes there are on this world.

i thought about the big ones on peoples list, ever seen that southpark episode about prius drivers and the smug.

well i have to say truck drivers, although usually a much more laid back sort of people, have more to be arragant about, even the most insane arragant asshole who puts 50 grand worth of mods into his skyline doesnt really compare to that 500 thousand dollar kenworth the truck driver drives into the ground every day.

although im a strong athiest, i have to say christians are less pretentious, although they put there beliefs on the world day in day out and even have the nerve to judge us forsaken, there much more obvious about it and less "smug" about it.

mac users are the worst in the computer industry, as most linux experts actually know what there talking about.

on the internet world i have to say old people are the worst, i dont mean any offence but read any of -spectral's or snoopies post and youll see what i mean, not that snoopies much older then us, but his out of the average age bracket here and thanks to that he has more to gloat about.

right on the bottom of the arragant list i would have to say drug addicts and camry drivers take the cake, although there are threads about heroin addicts thinking they are better then everyone else in NFHC, in real life theres nothing really to be arragant about, after all there junkies, and although in some cultures like zoklet's its experience that some look up to, thanks to the real life stigma they rarely gloat about it even here, and although camry drivers have a car worth just as much as everyone elses, they realise that a cars just a car, and they didnt buy it for being flash but rather a good reliable car, ask pill popper, although he has a very nice car, (and its not really a camry, but in the same legue of being nothing spectacular like a prius or a porche) he wont really gloat about it, even though its a shiny new v8.

metalheads are pretty bad, but the 15 year olds listening to 30 year old rock are the worst, i dont mind ozzy ozborne but im not going to tell metalcore fans that there music doesnt compare to iron maiden because its like comparing apples and oranges.

its going to get interesting listening to the constole platform war, because both sides are pretty bad, every time a pc gamer tells them to shut the fuck up 360 and ps3 fans should just do that.

add to the list folks.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Send a message via AIM to IcarusTheFool
Default Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Everyone is an arrogant jackass, it's human nature.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Baron

Non drug users - drug users.

Fucking hate it when people try and give you a lecture, about how you're killing yourself everytime you have a stripe or an E. When you try and explain your actions to them in a non byast factual debate, all that pours out of thier mouth is goverment propaganda, in a condesending tone like you haven't heard it all before.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Baron

rich people, poor people?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Archduke

Thumbs Up Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Let's make baseless generalisations about a very vague subject on basis of personal opinions about stereotypes.

What a great idea.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANDANGO View Post
Non drug users - drug users.

Fucking hate it when people try and give you a lecture, about how you're killing yourself everytime you have a stripe or an E. When you try and explain your actions to them in a non byast factual debate, all that pours out of thier mouth is goverment propaganda, in a condesending tone like you haven't heard it all before.
thanks fandango, i really do agree with you, people like those idiots from "strait edge" and intellectuals who have never tried drugs but repeat the propaganda the government shows.

and fza, gtfo.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Duke

Thumbs Up Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fza View Post
Let's make baseless generalisations about a very vague subject on basis of personal opinions about stereotypes.

What a great idea.
People who do this and then take the time to compile them and post them on a public forum are right up there with the most pretentious
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
crazzyass (01-05-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,385 Times in 977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexualjesus View Post
after seeing this.

i was going to say agnostics were probably the most pretentious of them all - "i am intelligently rebellious enough to offer the a third, more moderate and acceptable viewpoint"

but Carl Sagan is the fucking man
Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular

Lol. for a moment I thought this thread was going to be about truck drivers...

But non smokers and sober people can be pretty annoying.

I quit smoking and having been annoyed by people telling me not to smoke I refrain myself from telling others what to do. I guess it comes down to personal experience.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,314 Posts

Pretentiousness is easy.

Everyone has a divider between who they are on the inside and how they act. The bigger the difference, the more pretentious. The idea is to work really hard on brutal honesty. It takes real balls to be yourself.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
crazzyass (01-05-2010), IcarusTheFool (01-05-2010), Nachismo (01-03-2010), Phlegm! (01-04-2010), Rizzo in a box (01-04-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Regular

Where are the atheists killing people over their beliefs? Pretentious or not, theists have cut a bloody path through history, murdering as they see fit and using their "beliefs" as justification. The Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, Witch Trials, Jihads. I suppose one could count Stalin as an atheist murderer but he didn't use religious reasons to justify it. Religious people also have this thing where they feel the need to convert the rest of us to their backwards lifestyle, I don't see many atheists or agnostics setting up missions and preaching on the sidewalk so who is really pretentious here?

And agnostics are the only ones that can claim to be correct nowadays, their position of "we don't know all the answers" is the only really honest one out there.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular

Evangelical atheists are just as bad as evangelical theists. For example, Richard Dawkins.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Count

politicians, fast food employees
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hardcore_hoedown View Post
Evangelical atheists are just as bad as evangelical theists. For example, Richard Dawkins.
Yeah, spreading awareness about child abuse and forced genital mutilation is fucking malicious.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Duke

Send a message via AIM to Star Wars Fan Send a message via MSN to Star Wars Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Star Wars Fan

I was going to say Mac users. And some Hipsters and Yuppies as 'most pretentious'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasure_to_burn View Post
I suppose one could count Stalin as an atheist murderer but he didn't use religious reasons to justify it.
DOHOHOHOHO. He had a religious education when younger and his mother wanted him to be a priest. Explains his anti-homosexual laws and 'pro-family' garbage he pushed through, AFTER Lenin & the earlier revolutionaries abolished those laws and the USSR could boast that to the British & co.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Marquis

Humans>Androids
Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Maud'Dib

Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,070 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

Everyone other than me is obviously inferior, degenerate, pretentious, and any other negative connotation I can conjure. Failing that, anyone not belonging to my belief structure/caste/political party/cult falls under the same terminology.
On every golden scale! ..."
Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
Yeah, spreading awareness about child abuse and forced genital mutilation is fucking malicious.
While I admit the similarity between them, I think that Dawkin's cause is inherently a good one - he's preaching open mindness, reason and logic as ways of living. In my humble opinion the reason why we, people of the 21st century, still have shitwads that refuse blood transfers because of faith, throw acid in girl's faces and execute homo's is because we were much too kind to religious bullshit.

All these laws about not blaspheming and freedom of religion are fucking stupid. Sure, freedom, liberty, great, but this has been stretched to the point that you can't criticize idiotic religious customs because you're pooing on the faith and that's a huge no-no.

And pretentious people - people who think that cloths make a person ie. people dressing up in turtle necks and thinking they're artists, people dressing in designer cloths thinking they're upper class etc.
Nero (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidIce View Post
While I admit the similarity between them, I think that Dawkin's cause is inherently a good one - he's preaching open mindness, reason and logic as ways of living. In my humble opinion the reason why we, people of the 21st century, still have shitwads that refuse blood transfers because of faith, throw acid in girl's faces and execute homo's is because we were much too kind to religious bullshit.
Exactly. I'm fucking sick of that anti-science attitude. "It's just as bad as religion." No it's fucking not. Sharing isn't bad. Sharing bullshit is bad.

Quote:
All these laws about not blaspheming and freedom of religion are fucking stupid. Sure, freedom, liberty, great, but this has been stretched to the point that you can't criticize idiotic religious customs because you're pooing on the faith and that's a huge no-no.
Dawkins said the same thing. If there wasn't this mandatory undeserved respect for religion, it would die out much quicker. Just like political beliefs. I mean, if people have to respect christians and muslims, then why shouldn't they have to respect communists and fascists?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 7,402 Times in 4,652 Posts

Sagan liked to smoke herb
Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Marquis

Religion is a mind virus.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Duke

Send a message via AIM to Star Wars Fan Send a message via MSN to Star Wars Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Star Wars Fan
Wink Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Quote:
Exactly. I'm fucking sick of that anti-science attitude. "It's just as bad as religion." No it's fucking not. Sharing isn't bad. Sharing bullshit is bad.
Eugenics?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wars Fan View Post
Eugenics?
Wat?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Duke

Quote:
Wat?
The fucked up shit like this. And guess what, that's the tip of the iceburg.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Confused Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Quote:
The fucked up shit like this. And guess what, that's the tip of the iceburg.
What's your point? Science is amoral. There's no ethics in science. Science isn't a religion. All it is is objective fact. That doesn't mean I support eugenics at all, and most scientists don't.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Duke

Quote:
What's your point? Science is amoral. There's no ethics in science. Science isn't a religion. All it is is objective fact. That doesn't mean I support eugenics at all, and most scientists don't.
I'm not sure how what was claimed in the article was "objective fact". =/
Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thumbs Down Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hardcore_hoedown View Post
No, no they aren't. You might not like that they both "preach" their beliefs/positions, but that doesn't make them just as bad.

Richard Dawkins is a world renown scientists who's "preaching" has exposed people not only to a better understanding of science but to a better understanding of the awful results of many religions (take Chi's post for example).

That's not "just as bad" as an evengelical theist. Your oversimplifications are dumb.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Duke

Quote:
I'm not sure how what was claimed in the article was "objective fact". =/
Science is a tool. If someone uses it for hurting others, does it mean science is inherently hurtful?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
A Light Shining in Darkness

Thanked 1,186 Times in 872 Posts
Grin Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Quote:
Science is a tool. If someone uses it for hurting others, does it mean science is inherently hurtful?
No. But maybe it shouldn't be considered a replacement for spirituality.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Duke

Right, because you feel that way.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbe View Post
No. But maybe it shouldn't be considered a replacement for spirituality.
Who's considering it a replacement for "sprituality" and what's there to even replace in the first place?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular

Thumbs Down Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Weed

I stopped reading after the first few lines and was absolutely disgusted by your writing ability.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoe View Post
I stopped reading after the first few lines and was absolutely disgusted by your writing ability.
I c wut you did thar
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Baron

I've always believed that the religious and the not religious were just as obnoxious as one another. Although I tend to fall into the unbelieving category, I have to say I don't like atheists who substitute a guy in a white lab coat for a guy in white robes with a cross dangling from his neck. Just because "science" has said it, that doesn't mean it should be dogma. Science should be constantly and rigorously scrutinized; that's what is supposed to set it apart from religions and cults.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 AM

Roll Eyes Re: most pretentious, least pretentious type of people

Theists are pretentious, agnostics are pretentious, atheists are pretentious.

People who like certain clothes, cars, music, OS's, games, etc. are all pretentious.

How the fuck can you NOT be pretentious and have any sort of stance, opinion, or taste at all, then?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by supperrfreek View Post
I've always believed that the religious and the not religious were just as obnoxious as one another. Although I tend to fall into the unbelieving category, I have to say I don't like atheists who substitute a guy in a white lab coat for a guy in white robes with a cross dangling from his neck. Just because "science" has said it, that doesn't mean it should be dogma. Science should be constantly and rigorously scrutinized; that's what is supposed to set it apart from religions and cults.
i have to disagree, science is scrutinized, if another scientist has something to say he will damn well say it, fact is most good science is concured with by the rest of the scientific community, im sure millions of scientist's have looked over darwin's evolution theory, and they all agree to it, thus its good science.

religion isnt the same, if you have a beleif that contradicts the other persons belief, you better be prepared for heresy.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Regular

*drives a camry*
*is better than you*
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 AM

My brother thinks he's holier than thou because he uses a iPhone
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Baron

I'm pretentious, but for good reason. I'm above all the shit that most people think life is all about. To me, most of the world is a bunch of retarded, mouth breathing, bottom feeding, pieces of scum. All one has to do is flip on the idiot box and see a retarded Ellen do some stupid fucking dance, making an ass of herself, to see how retarded people must be to find that show entertaining.

Men like Hitler and Stalin, were great men. Not cause they did horrible things, but because they showed the world how one great man can conquer a nation, and bring the world to chaos with nothing more than a little knowledge on psychology and sociology. They were examples of how one can control the feeble minds of the masses. The fear and confusion of the common man makes them targets. Instead of learning and understanding, they search out the first power hungry nut willing to offer them inner sanctuary of some bogus belief system, or the sense of being apart of something greater. Honestly, I don't even care if most of the people on this planet were culled. It wouldn't be a loss. Most people produce nothing of real value to the human race.

Yeah, I'm an atheist too. Everyone else is a retard. The reason is very, very fucking simple. There has never been any proof of a God, ever. Not one ounce of proof. Nothing that would have given people a reason to start believing. This means that religious people are fucked in the head for sure. Agnostics are just assholes that sit on the fence, cause they just don't have the balls to make up their minds. Being Agnostic isn't saying, "I'm not sure", it's actually considering the idea that some God runs the whole puppet show, while not a shred of evidence has ever been presented to back up religious doctrine. You can't even find Jesus of Nazareth in the Ancient Roman census' that were conducted about the time of Jesus. Also, if you were turning water to wine, walking on water, and healing lepers, there were numerous historians that definitely would have taken note of that. Not even a mention exists, cause Jesus never existed.

As for gaming systems. PC is great for some games, but realistically the main consumers of games aren't going to wire their computer to a 50" television with surround sound, and get special controllers to make first person shooters games the way they should be played. The difference between XBOX and PS3, is that the left toggle and D-pad are switched. Each offers a couple exclusive games, but the consoles usually support the same games. Have to give props to PS3 for free online play. XBOX online play has a better lobby though, but free is free. Wii is great in groups, but people seeing you swing a remote around in a window, looks like you're trying to kill some bats, like on Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.

As for operating systems. Linux is pretty cool if you're good with computers and have some knowledge about installing patches to make things work correctly. Windows 7, haven't used it yet, but it looks like it works. Never used OS, but I've seen it, and don't like the format myself. I hate their stupid commercials though, cause if you don't want them viruses, quit using person-to-person file sharing to download kiddie porn. You know that they're putting out decoy porn that has a tracer to track that shit, fucking pedos.

I really hate the anti-everything crowd. Holy shit, the odd cigarette isn't going to result in cancer, and drugs only fuck up the lives of morons who get addicted, or revolve their lives around the drugs they take. Anti-smoking people are probably the worst though. Most Anti-smoking studies are horribly flawed, especially the second hand smoke ones. Yet these fuckers go around hating on smokers. I'm pretty sure most smokers know that smoke in your lungs, is probably not great for them. They don't need to be told. They understand, and they don't care. Apparently the anti-smoking people don't understand that they care. I swear I'm going to buy a bunch of medals, and start giving them out to every jackass that says, "I don't DO DRUGS"," No thanks, I don't drink"," I don't smoke cause it's bad for you". Pissing me off is bad for their health too.

I also really hate these fucking tools that get all pissy about people dieing in the army, unless they're your family, cause that sucks. Holy shit already, they joined the army. If I was joining the army, I know that people might shoot at me one day, and I might be dismembered or killed. It's a fucking war people. Fuck, the only reason you are against it is cause you don't even understand the reasons behind the wars. They won't tell you the truth, but the West is a tyrrant, and we control the economics of the world, and lots of countries aren't our friends. Part of maintaining this dominance is getting our hands dirty once in a while to make sure everyone plays along. The public can't handle this reality. It's easier to just call them terrorists and murders to justify our presence there. It's also important to maintain bi-partisan media supporting and protesting the war. That way if you're not a person who feels good about sticking it to terrorists and murders, you feel good about being against it. Anything to distract you from the reality that we're murdering people over petrodollars and pipeline routes.

Fuck you everyone, and your mouth breathing, bottom feeding ways. Good Day.