Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 01-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Regular

Default Making a Fake Title

If you ever look around craigslist, you'll see there are some deals way to good to be true. The vehicle isn't stolen, the VIN doesn't come up as stolen, but there is no title. How would you go about making a fake title so you could get plates for the vehicle? When the VIN is typed in does the previous owners name come up? When you check a VIN does it just say if its stolen or not?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Making a Fake Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@X View Post
If you ever look around craigslist, you'll see there are some deals way to good to be true. The vehicle isn't stolen, the VIN doesn't come up as stolen, but there is no title. How would you go about making a fake title so you could get plates for the vehicle? When the VIN is typed in does the previous owners name come up? When you check a VIN does it just say if its stolen or not?
You should be able to request a title, California has forms to request a copy on their dmv website, just have the person do a bill of sale,release of liability pay for the registration and smog and you should be ready to go. It should pop up on any car fax report website if a police report was made or an easier way to go about it is to run the vin number through the police department or flag an officer down on duty and have him run it using some bullshit story.If its not in their name you might just be assed out unless they have the owner's information and you consider forgery to be moral.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Regular

I dont see any moral dilemma with fordging a title for a bike that isn't stolen. I'm just looking for anyway to make it street legal. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Regular

well im young and really have no way of getting to a job.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@X View Post
I dont see any moral dilemma with fordging a title for a bike that isn't stolen. I'm just looking for anyway to make it street legal. Any info would be appreciated.
I mean forging the documents to get the title from the dmv. You could always look around a junk yard for the same year model bike or less by two years and see if they will allow you to register if your states allow you to register salvaged cars and just switch the vin plates on the bike and your ready to go.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:27 AM

I was able to request a title with just a bill of sale if the car was last registered in state. Can you Carfax the VIN and see where it was registered?