Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry > I'm Gonna Kick Tomorrow

Old 01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Regular

Default To anyone trying to quit opiates, I have a simple message

I am available to talk, if need be, with anyone who is trying to quit using opiates. I've been down that road, and I know what it's like to quit.\

I also might be able to help you make the withdrawal easier on you, with some tricks and practices I have amassed.

So, to anyone trying to quit opiates, feel free to PM me for info, or, perhaps just to chat.

Sorry to post such a small thread, but we need something like this in our drug forum.

Perhaps we can also turn this thread into a general support thread, where people can talk about what they're going through and help and support from others who have been through it or are now.

Someone on bluelight helped me, I'd like to help people here.

Some of my tips, tricks and advice (do share):

Use loperamide. This cannot be stressed enough. You can end your diarheah, and what does cross the BBB will make you a little sleepy for a long time. Helps for getting sleep during withdrawal. I recommend 24 2mg pills, split up in 4 close dosings, for the first day. You might need 18mg the next day. Hopefully you won't need to take more, though it can make the trip through a little more pleasant.

Use seroquel. It's rather easy to obtain, most docs would prescribe it without a second glance. After the first night, you might be able to use a lot of it to sleep.

Don't use meds that up your seratonin or dopamine. Speed is bad. Mushrooms are bad. Acid is bad. MDMA is bad. Anti-depressants you are prescribed are fine.

If you have them, or can find them, get benzos. Lots of them. Not enough to keep using afterwards, you could end up with a benzo addiction, and benzo withdrawal is worse in many ways than opiate withdrawal. When I say you need a lot, I'm not lying. I can fly through a whole weeks prescription of my ativan in a single day, if I let myself, during the worst of it. Don't expect them to make it stop hurting. Rather, expect them to sedate you into a state where it is easier not to care about the cellular rape you are undergoing.

There is a fine line. You want to take enough to be very sedated, but not enough to care about nothing. You need to care about something, even if just the TV. You can't watch TV on too high a benzo dose because you simply don't care. I start getting a little doublevision about six to eight feet in front of me. Then I know I'm good, no more. Try to conserve, but don't be too sparing. Low doses don't help much at all. 7, maybe 8, milligrams of ativan is a good first dose, at least for me. Start taking twos, when you get the desired effects, stop. Of course, dosages change by benzo. Take a bunch for sleep. You know that tranq'd buffulo on the nature channel? You want to be there. You might not feel like you can sleep, but you can.

If you can get them, you can wait out the first day, then use the seroquel, a LARGE dose of benzos and the combining effects of the loperamide, to get some sleep.

Anything to sleep. If you sleep, time passes while you aren't aware. This is the only friend you have in withdrawing.

Baths can help. The warmth somewhat soothes the pain, especially in your guts.

You have to occupy yourself somehow. You can't just stare at the clock. It already passes so slow, and that'll make it worse. Try reading, if you can and enjoy it. Or watching TV. You won't be capable of much, and while it doesn't help a lot, you have to do something.

I like to try to stay in bed, even if I can't sleep. I keep trying and get these mini hour long sleeps, especially when I smoke pot and try. Some like to stay up, though the Gods know why...

Smoke pot. It helps take your mind off it, actually makes it funny for a short time. It can make whatever you're trying to do to pass time more enjoyable, and you'll definately need that.

Meditate! Single most important tip of all. I find that when I reach a certain state of meditation, I can release pleasure chemicals, or something to that effect. When I would meditate during my withdrawals, which, admittedly, is very hard, I would try hard to reach this state. In it, things felt much better, and time passed much quicker. Afterwards, for some time, the pain would be lessened. Maybe it was a coincidence, but one that happens every time? No, I actually can help boost pleasure chemical production while meditating, and I think most people can too.

Try not to panic, or hyperventilate. Staying calm is the best way through, freaking out is much worse. Try to have a little humour about it, it helps a lot, but it's hard I know. Breathing a certain way can reduce the pain, it also helps meditation. Breathe slowly. It keeps your heartrate as down as possible, and lessens the sweating (the most disgusting feeling sweat in existence, believe me, you want this).

When you can, do anything that helps release/produce pleasure chemicals (both TV and books do this). I've heard and will soon find out if excercising works.

You're going to puke. Have a bucket or stay in the bathroom. It probably won't feel like normal nausea. It's worse. Have paper towel, to wipe. Try desperately to keep it out of your nose, especially when you start puking bile.

Towels to wipe sweat help. Blankets seem to help.

Warm apple cider, this was very good and seemed to ease my stomach. I would think most thin sweet hot beverages would work.

Eating is near as pointless. So eat a lot before you start. Then you have fuel for the grueling game of endurance your body is about to play.

Something I thought I should add: Before I went through it, I thought it was going to be much worse. Don't get me wrong, it was hell incarnate within me, but somehow, now that it's over, it seems easier than I thought it'd be. It's not as scary as it seems. Your not going to die. It will end. Keep remembering that. It will end. Every hour past last dose is an hour towards freedom. If you give up your attempt, rationalize somehow and end up dosing, you're back at the zero hour mark, you'll only delay your pain by re-entering the forest. You don't want to throw it away. Before you know it, it'll be T+24 hours, then T+48 hours, and then you're almost out of the woods, by my schedule. After two days you're nearly out.

Trade these two days, two days where it feels like you've rented your body out to Lucifer and his dark horde, but in return, your shackles are taken off and you gain your future.

This isn't something to be ashamed of. If you make it, you're a fucking hero. Never forget this. You'll be a better person for having gone through this.

Be strong. Only you can do this.

Last edited by Druidus; 01-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
hackzach (05-08-2010), Jo Nathen (04-08-2013), N0 W4RN1NG (05-07-2010), psychomanthis (08-07-2011), RIPtotse (02-23-2014), VerbalGraffiti (05-05-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,198 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: To anyone trying to quit opiates, I have a simple message

I've been high weak opiates, once, and I was quite overwhelmed. I could easily see how someone would want to forego the real world for the floaty, fuzzy, blissful world of opiates. For this reason, I actually have some compassion for opiate addicts.

Unlike alcoholics. They can suck my dick.
ManSlaughter (05-06-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
New Arrival

Nothing you can do or say would ever make it easier. It's a horrible personal battle, and unless you are completely comitted to it, you're not going to make it. No amount of support or advice will ever change that.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Guerilla View Post
I went to rehab for 6 months for xanax.
Alprazolam is a benzodiazepine, not an opiate.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Duke

just relating to the OP
Old 01-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Guerilla View Post
just relating to the OP
I understand. I'm just being a pedantic prick
Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
The Boss

Instead, how 'bout a write-up of your tips and advice?

mike
Old 01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Regular

Quote:
I've been high weak opiates, once, and I was quite overwhelmed. I could easily see how someone would want to forego the real world for the floaty, fuzzy, blissful world of opiates. For this reason, I actually have some compassion for opiate addicts.
It really isn't a choice to become addicted, it's only a choice to quit. Not everyone wants to forgo this world for the cloudworld of opiates, because not everyone wants to be stuck forever in that cycle. But they can still be forced, by the chemical, to run in place.

Quote:
I went to rehab for 6 months for xanax. I try to help anyone that wants it by giving advice.

Be warned though, anyone seeking help, remember it is just ADVICE not guidance
I just don't understand it. I quit 2mg, maybe 4mg, can't recall, of xanax a day, along with 30mg of temazepam at the same time, no problem. I did have 3.5mg of ativan to fall back on. Is it going to be hard to quit ativan? Couldn't I just slowly taper down, with no ill-effect?

Quote:
Nothing you can do or say would ever make it easier. It's a horrible personal battle, and unless you are completely comitted to it, you're not going to make it. No amount of support or advice will ever change that.
I never said I would be a magic worker. But there are some things you can do to help, and some people might not know them. This is for those who don't.

And support can help, it certainly helped me.

Quote:
I understand. I'm just being a pedantic prick
Still the same rabbitweed, I see.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Instead, how 'bout a write-up of your tips and advice?

mike
Because I wanted a thread filled with people who wanted to help or be helped. I thought it might help if my tips weren't the only ones. I know others have their own.

Here's a couple of mine:

Use loperamide. This cannot be stressed enough. You can end your diarheah, and what does cross the BBB will make you a little sleepy for a long time. Helps for getting sleep during withdrawal. I recommend 24 2mg pills, split up in 4 close dosings, for the first day. You might need 18mg the next day. Hopefully you won't need to take more, though it can make the trip through a little more pleasant.

Use seroquel. It's rather easy to obtain, most docs would prescribe it without a second glance. After the first night, you might be able to use a lot of it to sleep.

Don't use meds that up your seratonin or dopamine. Speed is bad. Mushrooms are bad. Acid is bad. MDMA is bad. Anti-depressants you are prescribed are fine.

If you have them, or can find them, get benzos. Lots of them. Not enough to keep using afterwards, you could end up with a benzo addiction, and benzo withdrawal is worse in many ways than opiate withdrawal. When I say you need a lot, I'm not lying. I can fly through a whole weeks prescription of my ativan in a single day, if I let myself, during the worst of it. Don't expect them to make it stop hurting. Rather, expect them to sedate you into a state where it is easier not to care about the cellular rape you are undergoing.

There is a fine line. You want to take enough to be very sedated, but not enough to care about nothing. You need to care about something, even if just the TV. You can't watch TV on too high a benzo dose because you simply don't care. I start getting a little doublevision about six to eight feet in front of me. Then I know I'm good, no more. Try to conserve, but don't be too sparing. Low doses don't help much at all. 7, maybe 8, milligrams of ativan is a good first dose, at least for me. Start taking twos, when you get the desired effects, stop. Of course, dosages change by benzo. Take a bunch for sleep. You know that tranq'd buffulo on the nature channel? You want to be there. You might not feel like you can sleep, but you can.

If you can get them, you can wait out the first day, then use the seroquel, a LARGE dose of benzos and the combining effects of the loperamide, to get some sleep.

Anything to sleep. If you sleep, time passes while you aren't aware. This is the only friend you have in withdrawing.

Baths can help. The warmth somewhat soothes the pain, especially in your guts.

You have to occupy yourself somehow. You can't just stare at the clock. It already passes so slow, and that'll make it worse. Try reading, if you can and enjoy it. Or watching TV. You won't be capable of much, and while it doesn't help a lot, you have to do something.

I like to try to stay in bed, even if I can't sleep. I keep trying and get these mini hour long sleeps, especially when I smoke pot and try. Some like to stay up, though the Gods know why...

Smoke pot. It helps take your mind off it, actually makes it funny for a short time. It can make whatever you're trying to do to pass time more enjoyable, and you'll definately need that.

Meditate! Single most important tip of all. I find that when I reach a certain state of meditation, I can release pleasure chemicals, or something to that effect. When I would meditate during my withdrawals, which, admittedly, is very hard, I would try hard to reach this state. In it, things felt much better, and time passed much quicker. Afterwards, for some time, the pain would be lessened. Maybe it was a coincidence, but one that happens every time? No, I actually can help boost pleasure chemical production while meditating, and I think most people can too.

Try not to panic, or hyperventilate. Staying calm is the best way through, freaking out is much worse. Try to have a little humour about it, it helps a lot, but it's hard I know. Breathing a certain way can reduce the pain, it also helps meditation. Breathe slowly. It keeps your heartrate as down as possible, and lessens the sweating (the most disgusting feeling sweat in existence, believe me, you want this).

When you can, do anything that helps release/produce pleasure chemicals (both TV and books do this). I've heard and will soon find out if excercising works.

You're going to puke. Have a bucket or stay in the bathroom. It probably won't feel like normal nausea. It's worse. Have paper towel, to wipe. Try desperately to keep it out of your nose, especially when you start puking bile.

Towels to wipe sweat help. Blankets seem to help.

Warm apple cider, this was very good and seemed to ease my stomach. I would think most thin sweet hot beverages would work.

Eating is near as pointless. So eat a lot before you start. Then you have fuel for the grueling game of endurance your body is about to play.

Something I thought I should add: Before I went through it, I thought it was going to be much worse. Don't get me wrong, it was hell incarnate within me, but somehow, now that it's over, it seems easier than I thought it'd be. It's not as scary as it seems. Your not going to die. It will end. Keep remembering that. It will end. Every hour past last dose is an hour towards freedom. If you give up your attempt, rationalize somehow and end up dosing, you're back at the zero hour mark, you'll only delay your pain by re-entering the forest. You don't want to throw it away. Before you know it, it'll be T+24 hours, then T+48 hours, and then you're almost out of the woods, by my schedule. After two days you're nearly out.

Trade these two days, two days where it feels like you've rented your body out to Lucifer and his dark horde, but in return, your shackles are taken off and you gain your future.

This isn't something to be ashamed of. If you make it, you're a fucking hero. Never forget this. You'll be a better person for having gone through this.

Be strong. Only you can do this.

EDIT: I remembered something... If you can, sneeze. Sneeze all you can. It is similar to an orgasm, though smaller in scale, and will release some chemicals that reduce the pain slightly.

Last edited by Druidus; 01-21-2010 at 10:23 PM.
dephdiddy (03-22-2013), RIPtotse (02-23-2014)
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
The Boss

Chemicals to help:

1. Multivitamin/mineral
2. Ginger Root
3. NSAID
4. Caffeine
5. Benzo or H1 agonist (seroquel, benadryl, whatever)
6. Immodium
7. Cannabis
8. Nyquil

Take all as needed in whatever amount helps.

You have to EAT! Even if you feel sick. Your body needs proteins especially to help fix your broken neurochemistry. Couldn't hurt to throw a few essential amino acids in either.

Basically, I just try to knock myself for as much of the main wds as possible with a shitload of NyQuil, benzos, and weed.

mike
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular

Quote:
Chemicals to help:

1. Multivitamin/mineral
2. Ginger Root
3. NSAID
4. Caffeine
5. Benzo or H1 agonist (seroquel, benadryl, whatever)
6. Immodium
7. Cannabis
8. Nyquil

Take all as needed in whatever amount helps.
Good chem list, but caffeine? I'd think that'd be not too helpful, or easy to hold down. IMHO. BTW, as a general rule, holding something like those things in for 30-60 mins is enough for absorbtion. Just try to hold off the vomiting until then.

Quote:
You have to EAT! Even if you feel sick. Your body needs proteins especially to help fix your broken neurochemistry. Couldn't hurt to throw a few essential amino acids in either.
If the withdrawal is too bad, you'll be lucky to drink. But eat well before and after. IMO, just getting enough water down to stay hydrated is challenge enough. Some can eat, not I. Plus puking up chunks of recently ingested food is very gross.

If you must eat, light foods like plain toast are good.

Quote:
Basically, I just try to knock myself for as much of the main wds as possible with a shitload of NyQuil, benzos, and weed.
Definately a good way. Maybe the only sane way.

Sleeping through the worst is imperative. All praise SLEEP!

Whatever you need to do.

Oh! I remembered something. Vomiting sucks. It feels repulsive, but, afterward you do feel better. And not just in the stomach. It almost eases the withdrawal as a whole somewhat, for a little while. So don't fight it too much. It will happen.

Last edited by Druidus; 01-21-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Count

Eat and drink as much as you can. Eating seems to help me feel better when w/d'ing, but only in extremely small quantities. Having something in your stomach serves two purposes: getting the nutrients you're going to need for this uphill battle and having something in your stomach to throw up if you have to. Dry heaving is not fun. IME throwing up only momentarily makes you feel better; but like being tortured, you need to break this bad experience into managable parts.

Take baths, not showers. Taking a morning shower is the worst; the water is always to hot or too cold and the pressure is never good enough. You freeze to death when you get out too, wear a robe. Shit, wear a robe the whole time over a wifebeater with pajama pants and slippers. You may look like a weird old man, but shit it is comfortable when you need it.

Smoke cigarettes and weed like a fiend. AVOID COKE!!! I did a bit of coke to help make me forget the opiate withdrawal, holy shit. The comedown (which I normally hardly get) made the withdrawal so much worse. Plus my nose was runny and I was aggitated from feining for coke too. If all else fails (and I mean all else), try to ween yourself off with lesser opiates. Try to do so under supervision of a close friend, significant other or family member.

Try to find suboxone on the streets, or get it prescribed by a doctor. Suboxone helped so much to get me off heroin, if you can't get anything down (suboxone flavor makes me nauceous anyway) plug it! As foolish as it sounds, I am chipping now even after this, opiates are just too alluring a substance to put down. It's like pandora's box.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:45 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druidus View Post
Good chem list, but caffeine? I'd think that'd be not too helpful, or easy to hold down.
It's good for pain in combination with NSAIDS, and rebound pain is a biatch coming off narcotics. Also, it might give you enough energy to walk to the store or something else you have to do. Try to get it from something that won't hurt your stomach, like tea. The theanine in tea would probably work really well too for anxiety. Also, I was referring to very small amounts. Maybe one cup of green tea.

mike
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular

Quote:
Is it going to be hard to quit ativan? Couldn't I just slowly taper down, with no ill-effect?
Ativan is one of the most addictive drugs prescribed on the planet. If you get hooked, it's pretty much the end.

Well it IS possible to get off of it... just opiates aren't as hard to.

I have no personal experience, I just remember my doctor saying that to my friend who has anxiety issues. He said one guy he knew was taking ativan and took the entire bottle and got refills. He got so hooked they can't even get him off-- even the best doctors can't.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,034 Times in 707 Posts

Reading these kinds of threads is all the motivation I need to steer clear of opiates and benzos...

Sounds like hell, far worse than anything I've ever experienced. I have serious respect for anyone who can pull themselves out of that.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Count

Send a message via MSN to cheech

Would 5-htp help for increasing seratonin?

cheech on totse2: http://totse2.com/member.php?16551-cheech
Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Regular

Sad Re: To anyone trying to quit opiates, I have a simple message

Maybe, but that's not what you need right now. Don't take dopamine or seratonin increasing drugs, it'll make it worse.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Is it going to be hard to quit ativan? Couldn't I just slowly taper down, with no ill-effect?
Yeah, as far as benzos go, lorazepam isn't a big deal. I hate wds from those longer acting benzos more. Definitely taper though; I had a seizure the first time I stopped taking them cold turkey.

mike
Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Acts

Quote:
It's good for pain in combination with NSAIDS, and rebound pain is a biatch coming off narcotics. Also, it might give you enough energy to walk to the store or something else you have to do. Try to get it from something that won't hurt your stomach, like tea. The theanine in tea would probably work really well too for anxiety. Also, I was referring to very small amounts. Maybe one cup of green tea.

mike
Caffeine when I'm dope sick is one of the worst things I can do. It makes my body pains so much worse, and it just adds to that awful nervous energy you might have going on.

Otherwise--good list.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular

Yeah, caffeine, or any stimulant, to me, seems a bad idea.

To each his own.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Acts View Post
Caffeine when I'm dope sick is one of the worst things I can do. It makes my body pains so much worse, and it just adds to that awful nervous energy you might have going on.

Otherwise--good list.
Which is why I said to ingest it in tea. The theanine allows the caffeine to give you a little energy and pain relief without getting you jittery. It's actually an amazing chemical, and available as a supplement. Works wonders for anxiety.

mike
Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Duke

Do not avoid eating while in w/d. YOU NEED TO EAT. Eating is vital to rebuilding your systems you nearly destroyed with your drug use. If you cant eat good healthy meals buy a bunch of ensure or other protein drinks.

I wouldnt suggest taking benzos because from my experience you just end up wanting those instead. I have never been dependant on benzos bu tI probably got close when i was coming off methadone i was drinking and taking benzos daily. and everyday It felt like i needed to drink earlier and earlier.

Start taking flaxseed oil or other omega fatty acid source.
Multivitamin daily.

-Ibuprofen for pain
-imodium ad for cramps and runs. You have to wean of this if you take it for a long period it is an opioid but doesnt cross the BBB.
-Phenobarbital wold be better than a benzo because it is not as abusable, this is what i was prescribed when i was making the switch to bupe.
-Clonidine(helps with chills and goose bumps and it calms you and regulates your BP) this is commonly prescribed for opiate withdrawl
-antihistamine for sleep. may not help the first few days, I prefer unisom which contains doalmine succinate(mispelled.)

Stay away from red meats, they contain a protein that causes inflamation.

PROTEIN PROTEIN PRTEIN, along with the vitamins and omega fatty acids are necessary to rebuld your indignous opioid system.

Weed may help or it may make it worse. If it helps i suggest a big bag of bud. It helped me with nausea and gave me something to occupy the mind.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 01-23-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Duke

Sometimes I think it would be easier if they just killed me.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Marquis

just found this thread, I gotta quit, day one.....................
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Count

I have

Last edited by adhesive tape; 06-03-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Goin' hamburger

Thanked 3,688 Times in 1,917 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: To anyone trying to quit opiates, I have a simple message

^ Great movie.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Marquis

Yeah but seriously I have to quit, its day one and methadone will bet 100% gone by tomarow. Oh well Time to quit, some crazy shit happen sunday morning, have to quit.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Baron

When I was 18 I was addicted to oxycontin, for two years. Ohhh and xanax. The last 6 weeks, I used 90, 40mg oxycontins that I stole, and 90, .25 xanaxs that I stole. I also had an ounce of weed, and friends who sold me percs and vicodin. 3 days before I cold turkeyed, I started shooting up my OC.
The last day I got high, I used 5, 40mg OC's in a row, 12, .25 xanaxs, and smoked about an eighth of high quality weed.
I was straight up laying in bed staring at the back of my eye lids for about 15 minutes, until I got up and hung out with my friend who stole 9 vicodin from her grandmother for me, FOR FREE. So on top of the other drugs mentioned above, I took all 9 vicodin at once.
I also snorted a couple more OC's and ate some more xanaxies, after taking the 9 vikes. I then smoked more weed and about a pack of cigarettes in probably 2 hours. (I chain smoked while on OC)
Keep in my mind my addiction started at age 16, and ended at 18 and a half.
HOW DID I GET CLEAN AND SOBER COLD TURKEY?

I moved in with my mother who is a millionaire, not multi, just pretty rich. She does not work but her fiance owns a business. I stayed at home, being sick as a dog, with no access to money or friends(because now i lived over an hour from where I did drugs) I had no way of getting high, and I had no where else to live(where I lived before was no longer an option).
My first week was the worst week of my life, and I used nothing to combat withdrawals, I simply tried to "stay busy". My mom forced me to do chores around the huge ass house all day, which helped my body become tired enough to get a couple hours of sleep at night.
WEEK 2
more like 10 days sober, I could not stop eating, and we eat meat everyday, sometimes twice a day with over 4 varieties of protein. I just ate a ton of food and stayed busy and tried to get exercise and sweat. Infact when doing anything I would sweat so much it was sick.
WEEK 3
VACATION! They took me to Newport Rhode Island, this helped show me how there is a lot more to life than drugs, and sober people enjoy life more than druggie people, with the exception of a few.

Moral of the story is, aside from physical withdrawal, the mental is OVERCOMABLE! you need to have faith and a will to be sober, I do not want to do drugs so it is not hard for me to not have cravings(I like to use, but when I stayed sober until college I didn't want to use.)
Anyways, stay busy! most important thing, replace that old habit with a new one.
I completely changed my lifestyle, nothing is the same now, NOTHING!

I got sober august 11th
January 19th I made it to college
during that time I held a job and bought a car and clothes and nice things

Lasting effects....(I'm young so things are different)
Anxiety/Social Anxiety(for real though, it's awful, I use 5htp to help curve this but to no avail)
Rapidcycling(I am offended extremely easily and experience the most intense and rapid mood swings ever, I even get manic when good things happen, like great sex)
Feeling dumb/slow/inability to concentrate and learn/understand new things
I am in college so I drink, when I drink now, I get drunk and it becomes disasterous, nobody who was addicted to drugs before should ingest any mind altering substance again.
Sometimes my room mate will buy me a bottle of vodka(with my money). He will leave and what not I will just start drinking because I want to and it feels like I am an OC addict again, I'll chug about 6 shots of vodka and chill around, just like I used to blow my OC's(up to 500mg's within 5 minutes on a "lucky day") and chill around taking hits of weed. just sitting there enjoying being fucked up. I can litterally just sit in my room and get drunk as fuck and enjoy it.
I never used to be able to do that until I was a drug addict and got sober, while I did drugs I never drank by myself except during a few times I ran out of OC and WEED, I used to drink and pop a few klonopins.
my god

fuck drugs
my uncle just got 2 years for driving around a coke dealer with a gun
Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Baron

that felt good to type, sorry.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Monkey View Post
that felt good to type, sorry.
A) I don't believe your story 100%, sounds very exagerated. I know junkies that blow 15+ bags a day just to get straight, no high to spoken of and I still have trouble believing that you routinely blew 500mg doses of oxy. Especially when mixed with benzos or alcohol.

B) If your mother is a millionaire, why are you using drugs? Why aren't you using drugs? I would either blow all my money on heroin, prescription opiates and maybe even a bit of coke, or I would be happy enough with my life that I would not need to use drugs. You chose neither thus you are an asshole.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Marquis

I been banging like 240mg more on some days a day for the lasy year or so, but I gotta quit now, done.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Baron

i didn't mean to say 500mgs, i meant 200mgs. 5, 40's a day.
and fuck if you don't believe my story.
and fuck if you think you read that in a book, it was probably a hollister mag.
and my mom just has lots of money, not celeb status, and she's strict/good mother
i dabble in drugs now
whatever
fuck off
Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhesive tape View Post
A) I don't believe your story 100%, sounds very exagerated. I know junkies that blow 15+ bags a day just to get straight, no high to spoken of and I still have trouble believing that you routinely blew 500mg doses of oxy. Especially when mixed with benzos or alcohol.

B) If your mother is a millionaire, why are you using drugs? Why aren't you using drugs? I would either blow all my money on heroin, prescription opiates and maybe even a bit of coke, or I would be happy enough with my life that I would not need to use drugs. You chose neither thus you are an asshole.
I lived with my OC addicted grandmother and pothead/methhead/alcoholic father until I decided "FUCK THIS LIFESTYLE" and moved in with mom.
I didn't talk to her for years
long story
don't be a dick
just leave it alone if you don't like it
not 500, 200, mah bad.
and fuck your heroin friends, i just got narco'd out most days of the week, last 6 weeks was straight everyday lots of OC's and xanaxies and I stole a bunch of shit and yeah, fuck off
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Regular

"Here, take all these other drugs to help with your drug problem"

losers
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinkyboo View Post
"Here, take all these other drugs to help with your drug problem"

losers
Yeah, cuz ALL drugs are exactly the same.

Let me guess, doing the drugz makes you a sinner too.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapplicable View Post
Yeah, cuz ALL drugs are exactly the same.

Let me guess, doing the drugz makes you a sinner too.
No, I just think it's pathetic, and almost comical when opiate addicts have to take copious amounts of other drugs to get through their DRUG problem. Just like people who 'quit smoking' cigarettes and then puff four black and milds a day.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Duke

on this thread. Good job op. I am a recovering opioid dependant person and I am on subutex/buprenorphine. I have a FAQ on here if anyone is interested in buprenorphine.

Stay away from red meats for 2 weeks if you are coming off any opioids or opiates because redmeat contains proteins that cause inflamation.
I like hot baths or if you have access to a hotub/jacuzzi that would help.

Sort of off topic but: Try to avoid tobacco when you are taking benzos because nicotine dulls the effects of benzos.

this is for methadone but it applies to all opioid withdrawal:

Quote:
1) Pharmaceuticals: Clonidine 0.1, or 0.2 mg, twice to three times per day. Clonidine is an anti-hypertensive medication that is commonly utilized in opiate withdrawal syndromes. You must come off this medicine slowly—rebound hypertension may occur…especially if you already have high blood pressure…this medication is non-addicting; Vistaril 50-100mg…three times daily…this is a sedating antihistamine which helps with anxiety and sleep…down side is that after 10 days or so it loses its therapeutic efficacy; phenergan 25 mg tab…one every 6 hours for nausea and cramps. I may use these medications on my out/in-patient clients depending on the severity of symptoms. Imodium A/D works well for diarrhea.

2) Intra-Venous Nutritional therapy: In patient or out-patient…typically every day for the first 5-6 days, than every other day until the symptomology has subsided. These nutrient bags can contain proteins, vitamins, electrolytes, and other elements necessary for the body-mind to heal. The advantage of IV therapy is that all essential cofactors bypass compromised gut function. Only when the healing occurs will the symptoms of withdrawal disappear totally. Diarrhea is uncommon in those that receive IV nutrient therapy…but for those not so fortunate, Imodium A-D seems to work well in most. If your are a medical professional and wish I.V. treatment protocols contact me at thesourcenmc@msn.com

3) Oral nutrition: Increase the right proteins!!!! Proteins are the building blocks for neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptors…as well as the building blocks for your natural opiate receptors

For 3 weeks you must remove all red meats from your diet. Red meat has chemical components that increase inflammation and pain. Fish, chicken, eggs are good sources of protein. If you are having a hard time taking in solid foods go to a health food store and buy protein powders that can be made into smoothies or drinks. You absolutely must have increased protein intake…proteins are the building blocks for all enzymes, neurotransmitters, and enzyme receptors in the body. No chemical works in the body without receptors. Just like opioids have to have opioid receptors—which are down regulated during methadone use—this is the reason people have long-lasting pain and aggravation coming off methadone…this isn’t much of a problem with heroin use because of it’s short half-life…proteins are essential for the repair work in recovery…I now use a formulation made by Neuroresearch…their Neuroreplete/D-5 protein formulas works well for those coming off of methadone, methamphetamines and benzodiazepines or any drug for that matter…for more information on this product go to www.neuroresearch.com or www.neuroreplete.com and try to find a doctor close to you that will help you get his product…in fact I treat all my methadone withdrawal patients with this formula

L-Methionine—a sulfur bearing amino acid…necessary for the production of S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAM-e)…SAM-e is a necessary cofactor in the production of the master neurotransmitters—serotonin, dopamine, adrenalin, and nor-adrenalin…this must be added to any amino acid therapy directed at rebuilding neurotransmitter production and function…500 mg—two twice per day

Increase your intake of raw fruits and vegetables…you get little or nothing from canned foods…fresh fruits and veges are loaded with fiber which help bind and remove toxins from your body…they also normalize gut function

Stay off candy, and other sugar heavy foods

Drink lots of good water, green teas are good for the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties…no cokes or soda waters for three weeks

When capable you must start exercising…swimming is best because it is low impact exercise…yoga…tai chi…walking daily…detoxing or otherwise…exercise is a normal component of good health

Supplements: Some need less and some more…remember the efficacy of all nutrition and supplement use is ultimately guided by your genetics…and we are all different to some degree…This is the value of seeing a good Naturopathic physician in the state you are in…The fact is that very few Medical Doctors know anything about nutrition…70%-75% of the standard medical schools in this country have absolutely no nutritional classes what-so-ever…in the other 25 %--nutrition is often a 14-20 hour block of education and this is commonly an elective…Naturopathic physicians that are educated in a medical school environment are taught nutrition extensively with the associated biochemistry.

I use the following with all types of drug and alcohol recovery….

Multivitamin with a strong mineral component: in gel caps only…an excellent quality multivitamin is absolutely necessary…remember that vitamins and minerals are cofactors/coenzymes for repair, healing, and normal function of the body…most times I have patients double up on multivitamins for the first 3-4 weeks

Mineral complex: see above

Fish oils, or flax seed oil.: necessary for repair and proper function of cellular membranes…anti-inflammatory…these need to be mixed omega 3, omega 6, omega 9 oils—4000 to 6000 mg per day in split doses…although some can be purchased as liguids and mixed with your smoothies.

If you don’t do the drinks…get proteins as free amino acids…double up

L-Glutamine 500mg caps…at least 2000-3000 mg per day…split the dose so that your doing it at least twice per day…helps heal the gut and the building block for GABA…the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter…helps slow things down…Do not take GABA as a supplement…GABA is make in the brain…when out side the brain the molecule is to large to cross the blood brain barrier…the building block for GABA is L-Glutamine or Glutamic acid…these building blocks readily cross the blood brain barrier.

Valarian Root 450 mg: Botanical that reduces anxiety and helps one to sleep…Kava, Jamaican Dog Wood, Lemon Balm, Avena are all nervine botanicals which can be used together or by self…I find the doses for each individual varies but typically 1000 to 1500 mg every 4 hours.

Melatonin…dosages vary…this is a hormone released from the pinal gland in the human body at night time for sleep…this is essential for those coming off opioids…in my experience as little as 1 mg to 30 mg has been effective…do what you have to do…I’ve had addicts coming off $100.00 a day habits sleep 4 hours the first night…start low and add 3-5 mg every half-hour till sleep…research on healthy volunteers using up to 100 mg of melatonin in a single dose shows little side effects…Melatonin is also known as a very strong antioxidant with 1000 times the potency as Vit E…Take only at night when you would be going to bed at the regular time…the room must be dark…that’s the way this hormone is released in the natural state…

Full Spectrum antioxidants: relieves inflammation and helps normalize inflammatory pathways and reduces damaging molecules (free radicals) present in the system while detoxing

Vitamin C: 2000-3000 mg per day divided doses…

Reduced L-Glutathione 300mg per day: Helps liver detox metabolites of methadone…Detoxing agents can be found in many products…most in combinations…

Adrenal Support: Research has shown that methadone, and drug use in general, has profound effects on the adrenal glands. In fact, research shows that there is a profound negative effect by methadone on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. This is why those that withdraw from methadone have protracted fatigue and problems with anxiety and insomnia. I often use freeze dried adrenal extracts in treatment with fairly good results. You’ll find these products listed under names such as Adrenal Plus, or Adrenplus…the starting dose is around 1000 mg per day in split doses.

Milk Thistle with alpha-Lipoic Acid is one combination that I use extensively---for liver repair and detoxification…1200 to 1500 mg of milk thistle and 400 mg of lipoic acid per day in split doses

This is the basics. There is absolutely no way to eliminate all the problems associated with withdrawal from methadone...one must have a supportive environment and often with daily visits from a compassionate health care provider…This will not kill you…it will be a miserable event…what kills most is the movement back to street drugs to ward off the side effects of withdrawal. If fact, cold turkey deaths coming off opioids and methadone are rare and usually associated with other health problems, or overdosing on prescription medications…withdrawal from methadone is much less of a risk than total withdrawal from alcohol. I wish you all luck on this endeavor…My compassion and empathy goes out to you…Ultimately, I know that you can do this…after all…it has to be done.
http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm

info on PAWS or Post Acute Withdrawal syndrome:
http://www.heroinhelper.com/sick/after_detox.shtml

I am down to ~1 miligram of Buprenorphine. I started at 2mgs and went steady on the for like 9months. The past few months i have been weaning. I do the taper this way because it is more long and drawn out and that makes it less uncomfortable.

Walgreens sells a OTC sleep med with Lemon balm,lavender, chamomile and melatonin. it is flvaored and you put it on your tounge. It works REALLY well and I am able to fall asleep really fast after I take it I start nodding off haha.
It has a warning on it not to drive or operate machinery but I think thats to cover their ass. And in this state you could tchnically get a DUI for even OTC drugs. But anyway it works good for me and its called MidNite.

they also have one for restless legs and that one worked for me also.

Like it say above, clonidine is a life saver. When I switched to bupe I had to wait as long as I could before I switched so the doc gave me 6 phenobarbital and 6 clonidine(hehe the pharm gave me 60 clonidine) anyway a sedative helps for the w/d but you have to be REALLY careful with abuseable sedatives like the OP said.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 05-06-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitweed View Post

Unlike alcoholics. They can suck my dick.
Just tried vicodin for the first time in my life today.
Downed 4 5mg pills around 8 and just listened to music for the past 3 hours.

What an experience. I had that same thought^ because as I was coming down, I had a very strong craving to pop some more. I can only begin to imagine what it is like for an addict.

Last edited by -MDMA-; 05-06-2010 at 08:08 AM.
BrainSurgeon (03-22-2013)
Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinkyboo View Post
No, I just think it's pathetic, and almost comical when opiate addicts have to take copious amounts of other drugs to get through their DRUG problem. Just like people who 'quit smoking' cigarettes and then puff four black and milds a day.
you know, I guess I could see where you're coming from if I had never been addicted to anything. But since you obviously have NO FUCKING IDEA what you're talking about, please STFU... You're making yourself look like an asshole.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Marquis

Well its fucking day 2, I went to get a cig from roomates, walked in on them shooting up, got cig.

I dident even say anything to them fuck it, im on day 2-then 2 weeks.