Load Music Onto the LG 8600
1. Install Any USB drivers which are needed for your cable.
2. Connect your phone to the PC.
3. Open Windows Media Player.
4. Click on the sync tab in Windows Media Player.
5. Now on your phone hit MENU->Get It Now->Option 1 Music and Tones->6 Sync Music.
6. Shortly the phone should show up under the devices in Windows Media Player.
7. Add the songs you want transfered to the sync side of Windows Media Player
8. Click Sync in Windows Media Player.
9. Enjoy your music
Alternate Method using only the sd card, via Darlene in the comments.
1. Insert the Micro Sd card into your phone and format it.
2. Remove the card from the phone and insert into your computer.
3. Use WMP to sync the songs you want into one list in the MUSIC folder on your phone
4. Enjoy the Tunes
5. These steps need followed exactly or it won’t work.
Transferring Ringers etc with Bitpim:
1. Open Bitpim
2. Choose Edit -> Preferences
3. Detect Phone, the LG 8600 is supported in the 0.9.10 release.
4. Click on the ringtone category and then either drag and drop any un-DRMed mp3 into the field.
5. Bitpim will prompt you to convert the file I suggest you choose 96 for the bitrate.
6. After the conversion you can clip the song to the 30 second clip you want to use for the ringer.
7. Click on the Send Data to Phone icon near the top of the Bitpim screen.
hello…tried the instruction but when i tried sending to my phone it saying its being block by the providor…is there a waya round it?
I assume you are trying the music instructions and it is failing. Are you on Verizon? If you are try to update your phone software dial *228 and chose option 1 after it finishes turn your phone off and back on. Then try the instructions again. If that doesn’t work let me know and I will try to work through the problem.