How to convert hash oil into pure THC
NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you contact your local law enforcement officials before undertaking any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.
| ISOMERIZATION OF HASH OIL INTO PURE THC |
| A NIRVANAnet(tm) Infodose written by Dr. Atomic |
| Distributed via the NIRVANAnet(tm) text file distribution network |
Isomerization: This method is out of "Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier,"
one of those early 70's doper pamphlets. This process assumes you have pure
hash oil to begin with.
* Dissolve the hash oil in absolute ethanol or pure methanol in the ratio of
one gram extract to ten grams solvent. There must be no water in this
solution, as the next step is the addition of one drop of 100% sulfuric acid
per gram of extract.
* Add the acid slowly, drop by drop, stirring slowly and completely, with a
long glass stirring rod.
* Place a Pyrex pot containing the extract-alcohol-acid solution into the
refluxing apparatus and reflux for two hours. The acid will not evaporate
and will remain in the Pyrex pot. Allow to cool.
* Take the cooled solution, pour with an equal volume of water and 1/2 volume
of petroleum ether into the ether-extraction apparatus (separation funnel).
* Allow to settle, and drain the ether extract layer.
* This leaves an ether-extract-acid mix from which the acid must be purged.
To accomplish this, pour the ether-extract-solution into four volumes of 5%
sodium bicarbonate solution (1 gram bicarb. in 20 grams of water). This
will neutralize the acid, releasing CO2 and leaving a solution of sodium
* Allow this to settle into layers, then drain the ether-extract layer.
* Mix the ether-extract solution with an equal volume of pure water and let
* Drain off the ether-extract layer.
* Evaporate the ether and what remains is hash oil in which all of the
cannabinoids have been converted into THC.
Oh my, having just typed all this in, I thought to check my copy of "Cannabis
Alchemy" for a method. Not only does it concur with this method of
isomerization, it has lots of whiz hints on fractionally distilling hash oil
to get an ultra-pure product. It also claims that if you convert THC to its
acetate, it becomes very potent and psychedelic. Yow.