Guide to all those Simpsons shorts that appeared
NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you contact your local law enforcement officials before undertaking any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.
THE SIMPSONS SHORTS
This is a listing of all the Simpsons shorts that aired on "The
Tracey Ullman Show" from 1987 through 1989, before the half-hour
show began. Each entry contains the original air date, the
cartoon episode number, the Fox production code of the
appropriate Ullman show, the title, and a brief synopsis.
1. Apr 19 1987 MG 1 4W04 Good Night
Mom (Marge) puts the kids to bed and attempts to set their
minds at ease; it doesn't work, they come into Homer & Marge's
This was the first Simpson short aired. The characters are
crudely drawn compared to the Simpsons of today, but they are
recognizible. The voices haven't quite settled in yet,
especially Homer's. They are not identified as the Simpsons,
though Bart, Maggie and Lisa are identified in the credits
(Homer and Marge are just "Dad" and "Mom").
2. May 3 1987 MG 2 4W06 Watching Television
Bart and Lisa are fighting over what to watch on TV. Maggie
tries to change the channel a couple of times, but they yell at
her to put it back.
3. May 10 1987 MG 3 4W07 Bart Jumps
Homer (still just "Dad" at this point) tries to get Bart to
leap into his arms, with very little success.
4. May 31 1987 MG 4 4W08 Babysitting Maggie
Bart and Lisa are left home to watch Maggie. They're engrossed
in TV, so Maggie wanders all over. Nothing at all fazes her
until the end, when she loses her pacifier. Marge is referred
to in the credits as "Mrs. Simpson", the first time their last
name is revealed.
5. Jun 21 1987 MG 5 4W10 The Pacifier
Bart and Lisa tease Maggie by taking away her pacifier, but she
gets the better of them.
6. Jun 28 1987 MG 6 4W25 Burp Contest
The kids see who can burp the best. Marge doesn't care for the
contest at all.
7. Jul 12 1987 MG 7 4W11 Eating Dinner
It's dinnertime at the Simpsons' (what fun!). Homer and Marge
are referred to in the credits as Mr. and Mrs. Simpson.
8. Sep 22 1987 MG 9 4W16 Making Faces
The kids try to outdo each other in making ugly faces.
9. Oct 4 1987 MG 14 4W17 The Funeral
Uncle Hubert's passed away, so they attend the funeral (first
time for the kids -- and maybe the last)
10. Oct 11 1987 MG 10 4W14 Maggie's Brain
Bart and Lisa are playing with Maggie, wondering what she's
11. Oct 18 1987 MG 8 4W24 Football
Homer throws long passes to Bart, who is not very good at
12. Oct 25 1987 MG 12 4W15 House of Cards
Bart tries to build a house of cards -- with little success.
13. Nov 1 1987 MG 15 4W05 Bart and Dad Eat Dinner
It's men's night in at the Simpsons, so Homer and Bart have
dinner together (if you can call that slop dinner).
14. Nov 8 1987 MG 13 4W18 Space Patrol
The kids decide to play Space Patrol. Bart, with a vase on his
head, becomes the evil Bartron.
15. Nov 15 1987 MG 18 4W13 Bart's Haircut
Bart's getting a big shaggy on top, so he's sent to the barber
for a haircut which doesn't go quite right.
16. Nov 22 1987 MG 20 4W22 World War III
Homer puts the family through drills to see how fast they can
get to the basement bomb shelter. The family doesn't like it.
17. Dec 13 1987 MG 16 ???? The Perfect Crime
Bart contemplates how to swipe some cookies.
18. Dec 20 1987 MG 17 ???? Scary Stories
Bart tells Lisa and Maggie some scary stories -- perhaps too
19. Jan 10 1988 MG 19 4W23 Grandpa and the Kids
The kids spend some quality time with Grandpa Simpson.
20. Jan 24 1988 MG 11 ???? Gone Fishin
Homer and Bart go fishing. Things don't go as planned --
rapids, waterfalls, worm sandwiches, etc.
21. Feb 7 1988 MG 21 ???? Skateboarding
Bart, Lisa and Maggie go skateboarding. Bart thinks he's the
best -- but is he?
22. Feb 14 1988 MG 22 ???? No Title Shown (Pagans)
The kids don't want to go to church because they've decided to
23. Feb 21 1988 MG 23 5W03 The Closet
Homer calls for Bart, who thinks he's wanted for chores, so he
hides in the closet -- and locks himself in! He busts out, only
to discover the family went for milk shakes.
24. Feb 28 1988 MG 24 5W04 The Aquarium
Homer takes the kids to the aquarium -- Bart goes for a dip and
has fun with a shark.
25. Mar 6 1988 MG 25 5W05 Family Portrait
It's time for the Simpsons to take their family portrait -- oh,
26. Mar 13 1988 MG 26 5W06 Bart's Hiccups
Bart has hiccups, and Lisa and Maggie attempt to cure them.
27. Mar 20 1988 MG 27 5W07 The Money Jar
Marge tells the kids to stay out of the money jar -- of course,
they go straight for it.
28. May 1 1988 MG 29 5W09 The Art Museum
The family spends an afternoon at the art museum -- but is Bart
ready for art? (whoa, mama!)
29. May 8 1988 MG 28 5W08 Zoo Story
The family goes to the zoo, where they meet a monkey family
that looks very familiar . . . .
30. Nov 6 1988 MG 30 5W10 Shut Up Simpsons
Grandpa, Homer, and the kids are sitting around talking, but
they get on each other's nerves (so what else is new?)
31. Nov 13 1988 MG ?? 5W11 The Shell Game
Bart decides to play some 3-card cookie, but things don't go as
planned . . . .
32. Nov 20 1988 MG 38 5W12 The Bart Simpson Show
After the TV is turned off, Bart decides to put on a show of
his own. Of course, this requires the TV set to be taken
33. Nov 27 1988 MG 33 5W13 Punching Bag
The kids decide to amuse themselves with a punching bag, upon
which Lisa has drawn Homer's face. Even Marge gets into the act.
34. Dec 18 1988 MG 40 5W14 Simpson Xmas
'Twas the night before Christmas at the Simpson household . . .
35. Jan 15 1989 MG 39 5W17 The Krusty the Clown Show
The kids go see Krusty in person for the first time, but Bart
has his doubts . . . .
36. Jan 29 1989 MG 34 5W18 Bart the Hero
Bart thwarts a robbery at the candy store.
37. Feb 5 1989 MG 41 5W19 Bart's Little Fantasy
Bart fantasizes about what it would be like to boss his parents
38. Feb 12 1989 MG 37 5W20 Scary Movie
The kids go to see a Happy Little Elves movie, but Bart drags
them instead to a Space Mutants picture. Bad move, Bart.
39. Feb 19 1989 MG 32 5W21 Home Hypnotism
Tired of the kids bouncing off the walls, Homer and Marge try
using hypnotism on them, with unexpected results.
40. Feb 26 1989 MG 31 5W22 Shoplifting
Bart decides to swipe some candy from the store -- and he gets it.
41. Mar 12 1989 MG 36 5W23 Echo Canyon
The family stops at Echo Canyon to enjoy the scenery; the kids
are not too happy with that.
42. Mar 19 1989 MG 44 5W24 Bathtime
Bart is forced to take a bath, but he turns it into "The
Undersea World of Bart Simpson", with predictable results.
43. Mar 26 1989 MG 45 5W25 Bart's Nightmare
After eating all of the cookies from the jar, Bart has a bad
44. Apr 16 1989 MG 46 5W27 Bart of the Jungle
Chased out of the house, the kids decide to play jungle -- with
some of Homer's clothes.
45. Apr 23 1989 MG 47 5W28 Family Therapy
The family decides to go see a psychiatrist (NOT Dr. Marvin
Monroe) -- things don't go very well.
46. Apr 30 1989 MG 42 5W29 Maggie in Peril: Chapter One
Bart and Lisa are minding Maggie (but not very well). In her
attempt to retrieve a ball, she eventually ends up on a tree
branch over a waterfall (TO BE CONTINUED)
47. May 7 1989 MG 43 5W30 Maggie in Peril: The Thrilling
Maggie's big adventure continues, and it takes her back home,
where nobody knows that anything happened.
48. May 14 1989 MG 48 5W15 T.V. Simpsons
Homer chases the kids outside to watch bowling; Bart gets a
kite caught in the TV antenna, and Homer has to fix it.