Liber Qna Vel Namen Cli
sub figura CLI
1. In the Beginning, created, ALHIM, the Essence of the Heavens and the
Essence of the Earth.
2. Thus the first Name given in the Book of Genesis is that of The Elehim,
the Creative Gods.
3. And the Numeration thereof is 86. Many and great are its mysteries.
4. Then, in the Second Creation Story, is made mention of IHVH = JaHVeH, the
Tetragrammaton or Name-of-the-Four-letters, whose numeration is 26.
5. And this name was throughout the Second Story combined with that of the
First, as it is written IHVH ALHIM, whose numeration is 112.
6. And the Name-of-the-Four-letters, IHVH, was considered by the Jews too
sacred to be pronounced, save only once a year by the High Priest in the Holy
of Holies, amid the blare of trumpets, and thus, in reading aloud, there was
substituted the name ADNI, Adonai, which being translated is "Lord." And the
numeration thereof is 65.
7. But unto Abraham and unto Isaac and unto Jacob, with whom God made His
first Covenant, His Name IHVH was not revealed, for by them was He known by
His name AL (God) Shaddai, that is to say: GOD Almighty. And the numeration of
AL is 31 (many and great are its mysteries); and the full numeration of AL
ShDI, is 345, which is also that of the mysterious word HShM, Ha Shema, which
meaneth The NAME.
8. But only unto the Prophet MShH, Moses, the numeration of whose name is
345, was reavealed by God His Highest Name, that is by numeration 543, the
numerical Temurah of 345, which name is AHIH AShR AHIH, Ehieh Ashur Ehieh,
which meaneth "Existence IS Existence" -- the NAME of the Highest GOD.
9. Even as it is written in Exodus 3.13: "And Moses said to God, `Behold,
when I come to the children of Israel, and say to them, The God of your
fathers hath sent me to you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? What
shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, `I AM THAT I AM.' And he said
`Thus shalt thou say to the children if Israel; I AM (AHIH) hath sent me to
10. And the numeration of AHIH is 21, many and great are its mysteries.
11. "And God said moreover to Moses, "Thus shalt thou say to the children of
Israel; IHVH, (JaHVeH) the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of
Isaac, and the God of Jacob hath sent me to you; this is my name for ever, and
this is my memorial to generations of generations".
12. And again in Exodus 6.2: "And God spake unto Moses, and said to him, `I AM
IHVH (JaHVeH). And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as AL (or
God) Almighty, but by my name IHVH was I not known to them. And I also
established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land of
their sojournings wherein they sojourned!"
13. And the numeration of AHIH IHVH, I AM JaHVeH, is 47, but by the Qabalists
these Names (of Macroprosopus and Microprosopus) have been coalescend into the
most mysterious name AHIHVH, the numeration of which is 32.
14. Thus did God reveal His name to Moses as of the Vast Countenance AHIH and
of the Lesser Countenance IHVH, and both these Holy Names have been held most
15. But in the whole of Judaism and its sacred literature there is nothing
that is so holy as the sentence known as the Shema, Ha Shema, which is to say
"The NAME" -- "Hear, O Israel: IHVH ALHIM IHVH AChD, JaHVeH our God JaHVeH is
ACHAD: Achad meaning ONE -- UNITY. (And this Shema occurs in the Book of
Deuteronomy Chapter VI verse 4.)
16. And these words of the Shema are immediately followed by the Command: "And
thou shalt love IHVH thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and
with all thy might. And these words I command thee this day, shall be in thy
heart; and thou shalt press them upon thy children, and shall talk of them
when thou sittest in thy house, and down, and when thou risest up. And thou
shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes. And thou shalt write upon the door-post of thy house, and
on the city gates.
17. This, then is the Commandment which IHShVH (Jesus) later referred to as
"The whole of the Law and the Prophets."
18. And the numeration of AChD (Unity) is 13. Likewise is the numeration of
AHBH, Ahebah, LOVE, 13. And together Unity and Love are 26, which is the
numeration if IHVH, which implieth that the One God is Love, and as such most
worthy of the whole love of His chosen people -- first and foremost and
19. After which First Commandment cometh the love of the neighbour and of one
another, and of all creatures for His sake.
20. And what of this Love (AHBH) when extended, or as the Qabalists say, spelt
in full? Spelt in full AHBH (13) becomes ALP HH BITh HH the numeration of
which is 543 the equivalent of AHIH AShR AHIM -- I AM THAT I AM -- The NAME of
the Highest GOD.
21. ACHAD is AHEBAH -- God is Love.
22. But there is a further great Mystery of the name of God which was also
revealed unto Moses (345) but of which word is indeed seldom spoken, yet which
when known and reverenced unlocks many secret gates.
23. This Holy name is QNA whose numeration is 151.
24. What meaneth this?
25. When Moses having broken the First tablets of the law received from God on
Mount Sinai, returned again with other tablets that the Lord might write
again thereon (See Exodus Ch 34 V.1) God made a further covenant with him
(verse 10) and disclosed a third name to Moses (verse 14) as follows: "For
thou shalt worship no other God; for IHVH whose Name is JEALOUS (QNA) is a
26. Now the primary meaning of this word JEALOUS is: Eager to uphold,
solicitous for, guarding watchfully. Its secondary meaning as applied to the
Commandment of God is: Requiring whole-hearted worship and servive. And only
in its tertiary and further meanings does it have reference to: Apprehension
of being supplanted, outdone by a rival in love; or in the favour of another
etc. But it does also mean: Zealously vigilant. Thus its root is in "Zeal":
Intense enthusiasm; ardour, fervour.
27. It is this intense enthusiasm, this ardour, this fervour that QNA is in
Himself and demand of others: Thou shalt LOVE Me with thy whole heart, thy
whole soul, thy whole mind and thy whole strength for I AM LOVE Itself and I
AM JEALOUS, because passionate Love in its very nature implies the possibility
28. And how does this Great Name of God give us the key to our choice of a
Number most adequate to represent Him?
29. The Numeration of QNA is 151.
30. The Numeration of AHIH (I AM) spelt in full (ALPh HH IVD HH) is 151.
31. The Numeration of IHVH ALHIM IHVH AChD (JaHVeH our GOD JaHVeh is ONE) is
32. This shows in one combination or another the original ALHIM (Our God) of
the First Creation Story, AHIH the highest Name given to Moses, IHVH the
Ineffable name of Four Letters, AChD, the true Unity, are all through the
Number 151 equivalent to this Holy Name QNA which has been "rejected".
33. That it does represent the Stone that the Builders rejected is shown as
follows: Tradition has it that the Original Law was written upon a Sapphire
Stone. Moses broke and discarded the original Tablet of the Law. And QNA being
written in full becomes QOPH NVN ALPh which is 403 which number is that of the
words ABN SPhIR, that is to say the Sapphire Stone.
34. Now as for the sound of this Holy Name QNA it is CANA. And this surely
suggests the land of CANAan, the promised land flowing with milk and honey. It
is also significant that the first miracle performed by IHShVH took place at
CANA of Galilee in connection with a marriage, or love feast, where Water was
changed into Wine, and whereat Jesus first signified the Kingdom of Heaven
which is within every man as leaven is within three measure of meal.
35. But finally there is a more than possible connection with certain
prophesies in Liber legis, which is called the Book of the Law in the New
Aeon. Mention is made therein of a word not known: and this was once explained
(after the discovery of the key AL) as a word NOT known.
36. But there is towards the end of this Book -- Chapter III verse 72 -- a
certain mysterious word which may have reference to the "not known" of Chapter
III verse 2.
"I am the Lord of the Double Wand of Power:
the wand of the force of Coph Nia -- etc."
37. Now there is, as has been shown elsewhere, a most interesting
correspondence between the words "Coph Nia" and The Book of the Law, their
Hebrew equivalents having the same numeration.
38. But in the Commentary on Liber Legis written by 666 there occurs these
words "Coph Nia": the original MS has -- left incomplete as not properly
heard. The present text was filled in later in her own hand by the Scarlet
38. Now there was another word not rightly heard when the original MS was
made: thus the title of first editions appeared as Liber L. vel Legis, and
only after the discovery of the Key to the book did this get changed to the
proper title: Liber AL vel Legis.
39. It is here suggested then, that the word "Coph was given (or put down) for
the Hebrew letter "Qoph" and that the Intelligence dictating Liber Legis gave
this seperate letter Qoph as the first letter of a word, but pronounced it
apart specially to distinguish it from "Kaph". It is further suggested that
what was written as "NIA" was intended to be the rest of the Word, viz: NA, so
that the word should read QNA or CANA, or KANA by sound. Had, however, the
whole word been pronounced thus it would surely have been written down with an
initial letter of either C or K, and to avoid this the first sound given was
"Coph" or "Qoph". This led (as JEALOUSLY does) to a misunderstanding. May not
the word JEALOUS (QNA) be the "word not known" which has caused the "Division
hither homewards" of Chapter III.2.?
40. The further correspondences of this Number 151 are also worthy of note.
41. There is the word QVMH which means: A standing upright, and "stature".
42. There is also the sacred word MQVH which appears in Jer.XVII.13, where it
12. "A glorious throne on high from the beginning hath
been the place of our Sanctuary.
13. "O IHVH, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee
shall be ashamed.
"They that drew back from me shall be written on
earth, because they have forsaken IHVH, "THE
FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATERS." (MQVH = 151)
43. Let us then not forget "to rejoice" (GIL = 43) to
Written down by Frater Achad this twenty third day of
April in the year Nineteen hundred and thirtysix at
"Tall Timbers" Deep Water, B.C., Canada
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
If you have any questions about this, please check out our Copyright Policy.
totse.com certificate signatures