PDA

View Full Version : How many here go 4wheeling? ....With vehicles.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Here's some clarification for the choices in the poll...

Trails and class 4 roads: Already existent, possibility of a little bit of everything (trees, mud, rock, sand)

Mud: My mud rig can go thru deeper mud than your mud rig.

Rock: My rock crawler can crawl better than your rock crawler.

Exploring: I want to see whats over there. Or you just decide to veer off the path, because it looks more interesting. Pretty much you're making new trails. ...You dont what you could find/run into.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I also do a little bit of exploring. When I find spots that look interesting and grabs my curiosity.

Mirana
04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
No I usually just watch people do these things on youtube.

all in the comfort of sitting on the computer in my own filth.

Township Rebellion
04-12-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm more into on-road shenanigans, but I would love to play around with a four-by. I'm interested in a bit of all of that, but mostly exploring and trail blazing and rock crawling and the like as opposed to just sloshing around in the mud.

04-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I do but not with a truck or SUV ..

Dirtbike and ATV is more my thing , I love going off of the trail when I see a small clearing that looks like it could be made into a trail and then finding random shit in the woods like a old man sucking a lil boyz dick on a tree stump or a small pond or lake that nobody has ever seen before .

FONAPLATS
04-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I had a 94 Jeep Yj and I killed it off roading. Little guy only had 50k when it finally gave out.

Zok Jr.
04-12-2013, 07:55 PM
does awd-ing count?

Average Fuckin Joe
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm more into on-road shenanigans, but I would love to play around with a four-by. I'm interested in a bit of all of that, but mostly exploring and trail blazing and rock crawling and the like as opposed to just sloshing around in the mud.
After losing my license...I forget how many times... I'm so done with onroad shenanigans, lol. I do miss getting away with all the stuff I used to pull, in my BMW tho.
I still have my BMW, but its just sitting. I do have future plans for it tho. Offroad'ish plans. :smug:

Now I just see what I can and cant get away with, with my XJ.
Not in terms of speeding, but in terms of modifications, and still passing the yearly inspection.

04-12-2013, 08:14 PM
does awd-ing count?

AWD = 4x4 .. does it not ??

:confused:

Average Fuckin Joe
I do but not with a truck or SUV ..

Dirtbike and ATV is more my thing , I love going off of the trail when I see a small clearing that looks like it could be made into a trail and then finding random shit in the woods like a old man sucking a lil boyz dick on a tree stump or a small pond or lake that nobody has ever seen before .
:hai: LOLWUT!? Please tell me your joking about the oldman little boy thing? lol

Average Fuckin Joe
I had a 94 Jeep Yj and I killed it off roading. Little guy only had 50k when it finally gave out.
What the fuck did you do?! Drive it off a cliff?!?!

Jack
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
With vehicles? What else would I go 4-wheeling with?

Average Fuckin Joe
04-12-2013, 08:24 PM
AWD = 4x4 .. does it not ??

:confused:

They are different.

Heres a quick overview.
Explaining AWD vs 4WD - 2012 Northwest Mudfest 4WD - YouTube

With vehicles? What else would I go 4-wheeling with?
With a quad or dirtbike, you tool.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-12-2013, 08:29 PM
does awd-ing count?

Depends what it is.

If it looks like this, Im gonna tell you to kill yourself. :lol:

http://images.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/Suzuki/2013-Suzuki-SX4-Sportback-Image-01-1024.jpg

FONAPLATS
04-12-2013, 08:37 PM

I tried driving underwater. Yes, I prolly was high at the time but in all honesty it would be really cool if I could have drove to Europe

CitizenUzi
04-12-2013, 08:51 PM
You guys should see some of the crew's trucks here in western MA. Practically fucking flex out on rocks higher than I am tall (I'm 6ft). Lots of guys with the most built up stuff are running yotas or nissans now, less jeeps these days -here- anyway (good I don't like them and they're useless for anything but wheelin' but so is a fully built whatever I guess).

I was wondering, does anybody else live in a place where people like to take the doors off their trucks (I don't mean wranglers or ones made for it... I mean like on a tacoma) all the time or is that a local fad?

My buddy just wrapped his short bed 6spd cummins around a tree at 135.... that thing was fucking FAST. Not that it's gonna help him now, he dead.

The Swede
04-12-2013, 11:56 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/4520/dsc0734copy.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img706/9468/dsc0690copy.jpg
Does this count? :)

Other than that, i used to do a bit of basic offroading (within the legal limits) with my old Nissan King Cab. No mods done to it, tho.
http://imageshack.us/a/img850/8839/p3010091f.jpg

Average Fuckin Joe
04-13-2013, 04:50 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/4520/dsc0734copy.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img706/9468/dsc0690copy.jpg
Does this count? :)

Other than that, i used to do a bit of basic offroading (within the legal limits) with my old Nissan King Cab. No mods done to it, tho.
http://imageshack.us/a/img850/8839/p3010091f.jpg

LOL Nice!
Those tracked vehicles remind me of Mountain warfare school.

What are the legal limits you got over there?
I know over here, where I live, if its not posted, you can wheel on it, worse comes to worse, you can always claim ignorance.

The Swede
04-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Horrible. You are not allowed to drive "off road" if you aren't doing it for forestry or agriculture, even if you own the land. The only time you are allowed to drive offroad is when there's so much snow that the ground can't be reached/damaged. So you can pretty much only drive snowmobiles. :(
You CAN get a permit for driving offroad, but only i certain places and it's tedious to get it.

But you can drive on small roads used by logging machines or similar, without further damaging the ground.

But being in the military has its perks. :)

Township Rebellion
04-14-2013, 04:44 AM
I <3 Unimogs:

V8 Unimog in the snow! - YouTube

Average Fuckin Joe
04-14-2013, 04:49 AM
I <3 their portal axles!!

Ch0ppy
04-14-2013, 04:54 AM
I do rally stuff in a beater Wrx . That's the most offloading I do lol.

CitizenUzi
04-14-2013, 05:08 AM
This is basically the proving ground around here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_pSCZ65NE

If you can't make this you can't make shit. BTW the video doesn't really show the meanish drops at the start, we would always engage lockers but we were in a stock-ish rubicon. By now the crew has no beds, huge flex so this is a simple jaunt. Now everyone flips their damn truck every other outing trying to make crazy angles. Not too much mudding, but a lot of high speed roads more suited (IMO) for rally cars and big quads.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-14-2013, 05:15 AM
I do rally stuff in a beater Wrx . That's the most offloading I do lol.

I always wanted to do stuff like that, but theres not enough open land to do stuff like that on around here. And by open I mean, land that no one owns/wont care about and as in not a lot of obstructions.

CitizenUzi
04-14-2013, 05:21 AM
OMFG I wish I had a rally beater there are SO many gravel to tarmac to dirt to gravel again roads on the NY/MA border. They're maintained too so you're not gonna break in half your first time out.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-14-2013, 05:28 AM
This is basically the proving ground around here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_pSCZ65NE

If you can't make this you can't make shit.

I agree with that ^ ...that shit is fuckin easy. lol

The proving grounds around here, got shut down, because dumb fucks on dirtbikes and quads were getting hurt and trying to sue the land owner, when it was their own stupid fuckin fault. Like not wearing a fucking helmet. :angry: ...after the 4th lawsuit against him, he said "fuck y'all" and closed it down.

I still know ways in and out of there tho, lol...considering I live about a 1/4mile away from the area.

rabbitweed
04-14-2013, 05:29 AM
I fucking hate off-roaders and dirt bike riders. People get away from cities in order to get away from motor-vehicles and all that bullshit. Don't be so fucking lazy. Walk.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-14-2013, 05:44 AM
I fucking hate off-roaders and dirt bike riders. People get away from cities in order to get away from motor-vehicles and all that bullshit. Don't be so fucking lazy. Walk.

:umad: hippy

04-14-2013, 04:19 PM
My friend just made a big purchase yesterday and is now the owner of a 2012 Suzuki LTZ 400 ATV ... like $11.799 after taxes. The fucking kid got it financed by getting his girlfriend to co sign , It's going to take him like 5-7 years to pay it off and it's not even that big of a quad let alone its not even 4x4 .

Im glad I bought and paid in full for my bike 7 years ago because now I want to buy a truck .

CitizenUzi
04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
^Holy shit screwjob!

I had a low miles KFX700 that cost 4.5k (dealer,sigh) and it was only a few years old. Shit ruined smaller quads for me, not that I can't have fun on a new 400 class racer - Hell you can get a fuel injected raptor700 for like 7k.

Thing is I could really open up on fire roads, real roads and open terrain (we're very rocky and narrow here) but nothin like going 70mph through the woods.

Township Rebellion
04-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Such failure.

Ch0ppy
04-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I always wanted to do stuff like that, but theres not enough open land to do stuff like that on around here. And by open I mean, land that no one owns/wont care about and as in not a lot of obstructions.

OMFG I wish I had a rally beater there are SO many gravel to tarmac to dirt to gravel again roads on the NY/MA border. They're maintained too so you're not gonna break in half your first time out.

I have to travel like 15 minutes to get to the spot, but its nice dirt roads in a wooded area with gravel spots.

I have a nice new(er)[2010] car but its not a fun car. Took some spare money and got an older high mileage Wrx that I don't give a shit about and use that when I go.

In a couple years I'd really like a brand new Wrx. Awesome cars, but I wouldn't take a brand new one to actually rally with, don't wanna fuck the paint up.

rabbitweed
04-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Such failure.

The outdoors should be reserved for tough, able-bodied people like me who are able to walk, climb, swim and wade. The world is so pussified. People have to drive absolutely everywhere.

litefire
04-15-2013, 07:53 AM
I have a 4x4 ranger, used it for some light 4x4 shenangins. I do go dirt-biking quite often, however. 1x2 :p

skygear
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I just picked up an ICON suspension kit for my truck. Remote Resi's, Click to adjust, UCA's, Heavy duty progressive leaf pack, Break lines, changed all the bearings, rear locker, and working on geting front and rear diff AIR lockers (Maybe ARB) - Skid plates & sliders are on the list too.

So I have 3"-4" of lift right now.

Recently ripped out my Firestone Air Ride kit (Air bags) for more articulation on the trails.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I just picked up an ICON suspension kit for my truck. Remote Resi's, Click to adjust, UCA's, Heavy duty progressive leaf pack, Break lines, changed all the bearings, rear locker, and working on geting front and rear diff AIR lockers (Maybe ARB) - Skid plates & sliders are on the list too.

So I have 3"-4" of lift right now.

Recently ripped out my Firestone Air Ride kit (Air bags) for more articulation on the trails.

Nice. What kind of truck you got?

Casual Hitler
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
I generally play around in the 30 acres hardwood bush I got out back. There's some nice mud bogs, that I mostly get bogged down in, when playing around in my stock 3500 12v. I still got one of my old builds around for any fun-damaging I can get into, what some call a Franken-Ford.

Bascially, it's a 73 Ford, 4x4, Crew Cab, Dually 460ci. Since Ford didn't produce them (DSO perhaps) I simple made it from multiple trucks. A '77 U-Haul frame, 73 Cab, 1978 box (with 1975 F550 front fenders, reversed for the dually box wheel wells), a front axle off a 1969, remote transfer case (NP 205), both axles are Dana 60's. I had plans to jack it sky high after I bought a 1976 F150 with a 8in Black Diamond lift kit, drop pitman arm etc, old 45in Swampers.

I just never got around to it, so the entire lift kit is sitting up in the barn, for sale.

I used to beat around untrailed bush around here in a 87 Toyota, 4dr Landcruiser, 5sp, diesel. Very rare for this side of the pond. There's also a handful of Chevy DSO trucks out back that I bought at a military auction. Sadly they're all NP 203,, 350ci and pigs on fuel.

Resistance
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Tacho goes 4wheeling.

With a wheelchair.

Because he's a FUCKING CRIPPLE.

Average Fuckin Joe
04-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I used to beat around untrailed bush around here in a 87 Toyota, 4dr Landcruiser, 5sp, diesel. Very rare for this side of the pond. There's also a handful of Chevy DSO trucks out back that I bought at a military auction. Sadly they're all NP 203,, 350ci and pigs on fuel.

Uh, yeah... How come you didnt want one of the 6.2 diesels?

That diesel 'yota is definitely sweet tho.