Default Re: "You're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
It would be in the case of a civil war.
Wut?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Knight

The logic behind this argument is all the accidental gun deaths in the home. The odds of you ever having to shoot an intruder are very very low, in comparison to the number of people who are accidentally shot by improperly stored firearms by uneducated owners. The suicide argument is invalid in my opinion. If you're going to kill yourself, you're going to do it, and you're going touse the most efficient means at your disposal. Taking the gun out of the equation doesn't take the suicide out of the equation...

All this goes to show is that if you're a gun owner, you need to show some responsibility. Respect your firearms and be sure that everyone in your household does too. If you have children in your home, make sure you drill it into their fucking heads that guns are not toys. If they wish to go shooting, they do so with supervision, and only with supervision.

As always, it's the fucking idiots who are ruining it for everyone else...
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Ethan (12-18-2011)
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Wut?
The dog is retarded, just leave it at that. Hes one of those 13 year olds with uneducated black and white political views.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,103 Times in 745 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x Send a message via MSN to Ph0x

I don't understand what dog is trying to say.

I also didn't know guns could make you want to commit suicide.

I grew up around firearms and I've shot them all my life.

Never once did one compel me to shoot myself or hurt myself in any other way.

The more you know I guess....
Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Guns don't make you wanna kill yourself, if you wanna kill yourself, you are more likely to do it if you have guns, as opposed to hanging yourself or slitting your wrists, since the knowledge of pain acts as a deterrent. No pain with guns.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,158 Times in 2,409 Posts

In regards to the Kent state shooting, 2 points. That shooting occurred at the time of the draft, so the military of the time was very different and also they were members of the national guard who at the time were mainly looking to make sure they wouldn't get drafted into the real military and deployed in Vietnam. Those troops were beholden to the executive branch of Ohio and are not indicative of the united states military. Also the national guard is fake life bullshit.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Black Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
Also the national guard is fake life bullshit.
Explain.

Fuck causes, fuck right and wrong; I want someone to step to me with an AK and I want to put them the fuck down.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
The suicide argument is invalid in my opinion. If you're going to kill yourself, you're going to do it, and you're going touse the most efficient means at your disposal. Taking the gun out of the equation doesn't take the suicide out of the equation...
A lost of people hold this view, but I'm afraid it's just plain wrong. Removing an easy means of suicide correlates to lower suicide rates. This is a fact. People say "oh, well if someone really wants to kill themselves, they'll find a way to do it", but that's not how suicidal depression works. Like everyone else, depressives have ups and downs, and only take suicidal action during their "down" periods. If an easy means of suicide is not within reach, most suicidal individuals will "snap out of it" in time. Don't believe me? Look at this :

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1147403
Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,103 Times in 745 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x Send a message via MSN to Ph0x

Who has the right to tell another they DO NOT have the right to take THEIR OWN LIFE anyway?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox View Post
Who has the right to tell another they DO NOT have the right to take THEIR OWN LIFE anyway?
not this shit again.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
A lost of people hold this view, but I'm afraid it's just plain wrong. Removing an easy means of suicide correlates to lower suicide rates. This is a fact. People say "oh, well if someone really wants to kill themselves, they'll find a way to do it", but that's not how suicidal depression works. Like everyone else, depressives have ups and downs, and only take suicidal action during their "down" periods. If an easy means of suicide is not within reach, most suicidal individuals will "snap out of it" in time. Don't believe me? Look at this :

Yup. Wouldn't expect the pro gun crowd to understand that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox View Post
No ones saying that. We are stating facts. Fact: People with guns are more likely to commit suicide.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:05 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 984 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rolf

Rolf has yet to decide which is worse; big bubba guy who believes in god-given right to personally own M2HB's complete with armor-piercing incendiary rounds, or urban dweller whose practical knowledge of firearms comes from news media and therefore believes that firearms and their owners are spawn of satan that wish to eat babies, has Rolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greek View Post
Fact: People with guns are more likely to commit suicide.
Fact: men are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #2: suicide by self-suffocation is almost as prevalent as suicide by firearm (many countries have extremely restrictive firearm laws, yet suicides still happen, socio-economics weighs far more into it than firearm ownership and Rolf is positive that said Rolf knows more suicides than thee), Fact #3: Poorer people are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #4: Drinkers of alcohol are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #5: Users of drugs are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #6: Gamblers are more likely to commit suicide, fact's Rolf extensively.

Maybe it is time to ban men, plastic bags, poor people, alcohol, cigarettes, currency and poker, ponders Rolf. Maybe we should live in bubbles? asks Rolf.

Last edited by Rolf; 12-19-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Quote:

truth. Sadly, other people's problems are just that, they're problems. I'm safe with my firearms and not suicidal, I shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to own this property just because some people are irresponsible.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
truth. Sadly, other people's problems are just that, they're problems. I'm safe with my firearms and not suicidal, I shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to own this property just because some people are irresponsible.
Pass psychological and criminal checks? Yes, able to prove previous experience with firearms and firearm safety? Yes, then one should have no issue obtaining firearms, within reason, so proclaims Rolf.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
Fact: men are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #2: suicide by self-suffocation is almost as prevalent as suicide by firearm (many countries have extremely restrictive firearm laws, yet suicides still happen, socio-economics weighs far more into it than firearm ownership and Rolf is positive that said Rolf knows more suicides than thee), Fact #3: Poorer people are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #4: Drinkers of alcohol are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #5: Users of drugs are more likely to commit suicide, Fact #6: Gamblers are more likely to commit suicide, fact's Rolf extensively.

Maybe it is time to ban men, plastic bags, poor people, alcohol, cigarettes, currency and poker, ponders Rolf. Maybe we should live in bubbles? asks Rolf.
Did you hear me say we should ban guns? How about you go quote the post where I said I think we should be able to have guns. Fucking idiot. Just because I brought up a point, which you pro gun cunts, seem to think is "anti gun" doesn't mean I think all firearms should be banned. I own 3 for fuck sakes. Shut the fuck up.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
Pass psychological and criminal checks? Yes, able to prove previous experience with firearms and firearm safety? Yes, then one should have no issue obtaining firearms, within reason, so proclaims Rolf.
Fuck that. No one should have to take a test and pay for a class to own a gun. Bullshit. When I moved to massachusetts i had to spend 250 USD on classes (which were full of inaccurate information), license processing fees and a waiting period. I'd had a gun for 17 years at that point and used them professionally for half a dozen. Fuck that noise.

It's a right, not a privilege.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
Where are you getting these conclusions from

Guy 1: "Its actually more likely for someone with depression to kill themselves if they own a firearm"

Idiot: "I'm not jumping through ANY fucking hoops! Pry my gun from my cold dead hands you liberal baby eating fuck!!"

Guy 1: "Dude... wtf is wrong with you"
Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Fuck that. No one should have to take a test and pay for a class to own a gun.
People have to do the same to drive car, motorcycle, helicopter, people should have to do the same for firearms, as all are capable of killing when in hands of idiots, proclaims Rolf.

Quote:
When I moved to massachusetts i had to spend 250 USD on classes (which were full of inaccurate information), license processing fees and a waiting period. I'd had a gun for 17 years at that point and used them professionally for half a dozen.
This is a flaw with Massachusetts law, as one should have been allowed to prove knowledge of firearms and their safety, therefore not needing to take classes, notes Rolf.

Quote:
Did you hear me say we should ban guns? How about you go quote the post where I said I think we should be able to have guns.
Apologies, Rolf often overlooks posts of thee due to them being trolling, congratulations for making not-troll post, states Rolf.

Quote:
which you pro gun cunts,
Viewpoints of Rolf in regards to firearm ownership would be considered totalitarian by half of W&C, notes Rolf. This is why gun politics discussions should be kept to politics forum, adds Rolf.

Last edited by Rolf; 12-19-2011 at 12:29 AM.
p6867 (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Yeah, but in my country those aren't rights.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
Ya, voting is a right, and you still have to register, and you can't vote if you are convicted felon.

Problem?

Guns guns guns! the south! rights!!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya, voting is a right, and you still have to register, and you can't vote if you are convicted felon.

Problem?

Guns guns guns! the south! rights!!
That and the fact that owning a ball of plastic and metal shouldn't be put on the same level as participating in a democratic government.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

I have no problems with convicted felons losing their rights. That's the penalty for committing crimes.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
I have no problems with convicted felons losing their rights. That's the penalty for committing crimes.
Do you have a problem with registering to vote? Because according to your rights, you shouldn't have to do that. You should just be able to vote.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,250 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople
Thumbs Down Re: "You're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder."

Quote:
You owning guns is infringing upon my pursuit of happiness because I have to live in fear that anyone and everyone could have the means to end my life very abruptly.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Black Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDr.Watson View Post
You owning guns is infringing upon my pursuit of happiness because I have to live in fear that anyone and everyone could have the means to end my life very abruptly.
Might as well outlaw knifes too.

Fuck causes, fuck right and wrong; I want someone to step to me with an AK and I want to put them the fuck down.
Dog (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Talka View Post
Might as well outlaw knifes too.
And heavy metal, that scares those mighty powerful Christian lobby groups, adds Rolf.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Warrior Princess

This thread was catastrophically derailed by a single troll. He has been punished, not for his opinions, but for derailing the thread. However, each and every one of you who followed his discussion aided and abetted him in his efforts. Next time I will punish every one of you who follows the troll's line of discussion in the same way, even if you are mods.

Thread closed.
p6867 (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Baron

Cool Re: "You're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRed View Post
Thread closed.
K.

3char
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Count

Lava Red, you are a fucking faggot. I can't believe you are such a gun addict that you would punish someone for having a different opinion than you. Fuck yourself with a 12 gauge and pull the trigger you weak motherfucker. You make me sick.
jheit8 (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Count

BTW if this is in the wrong forum, move it to the appropriate one you fucking candy ass.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Count

Do any of you freaks with a a gun fetish ever think about why we have the second amendment? Was it to protect the crazies that can't get a hard on without holding a semi-automatic weapon? Or was it to protect the rights, including freedom of speech that set us apart from the rest of the world at the time?
jheit8 (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Baron

Lightbulb Re: "You're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ed Rush View Post
Do any of you freaks with a a gun fetish ever think about why we have the second amendment? Was it to protect the crazies that can't get a hard on without holding a semi-automatic weapon? Or was it to protect the rights, including freedom of speech that set us apart from the rest of the world at the time?
Are you being sent to prison for what you said? Freedom of speech only talked about the Federal government.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lava Red, you are a fucking faggot. I can't believe you are such a gun addict that you would punish someone for having a different opinion than you. Fuck yourself with a 12 gauge and pull the trigger you weak motherfucker. You make me sick.
Chilaxe dude, the infractions have been reversed and the thread re-opened. I agree that we shouldn't ban people for having anti-gun views, but don't flip a bitch over something that's been reversed.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Serf

Umm I live alone, and if I did ever shoot any member of my family I would be doing the world a favor.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Serf

knowing my family this is probably true, lol
Old 01-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post
As pnumbers was saying, it's a drag to have to pay $250 for the class. And with the price so high, it's just one more way of screwing over the low-income bracket citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post
Personally, I feel that guns are just too dangerous to not be regulated like posters like Rolf and Lanny want.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Warrior Princess

Cool Re: "You're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder."

Quote:
Make it fully automatic and we can agree. Semi-autos just don't have the oooomph to give me a hardon anymore.