Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Neurons & Needles

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Regular

Default How can I get a prescription for Klonopin?

i have some pretty bad social anxiety and i've been to the doctor about it. i told him about my depression and anxiety problems and all he does is keep prescribing me anti-depressants like zoloft. recently my friend gave me some of his klonopin and i couldn't believe how great it was. it made all my problems go away and i felt like i could talk to people i didn't even know so comfortably and things like that. are there any tricks i can use to get someone to prescribe it to me because i'm pretty sure there's no way my current doctor will =/
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Count

Default Re: How can I get a prescription for Klonopin?

Well, my doc is the same way afraid to prescribe me anything addictive that might help. BUT if you were able to get klonopin, it's not the same kind of medicine, you can't take it everyday, and there is a good risk of dependency/addiction. It sounds like you need to depend less on meds and start working more with other things to help yourself get better. You can't just depend on medication to do the job for you. Even if you're put on medication you can't just depend on it to do the job for you, you have to work with it.

I have really bad social anxiety too, and I've been on a million meds that didn't work, but I realize I can't expect me to take some pill to magically cure it. It's something I have to really work to overcome. Medication can help sometimes. But you can't just expect medication to solve your problem.

And in my opinion, the way you wrote this out, I don't think you need something like klonopin, because I think you'd end up overusing it, and it's not intended to be used in that way. I think it's something you could probably work a little harder yourself and start to overcome.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
BlackopsNinja (08-12-2009), Speedy (08-13-2009)
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoistaticx View Post
i have some pretty bad social anxiety and i've been to the doctor about it. i told him about my depression and anxiety problems and all he does is keep prescribing me anti-depressants like zoloft. recently my friend gave me some of his klonopin and i couldn't believe how great it was. it made all my problems go away and i felt like i could talk to people i didn't even know so comfortably and things like that. are there any tricks i can use to get someone to prescribe it to me because i'm pretty sure there's no way my current doctor will =/
quit bitching and feeling bad for yourself and man the fuck up.
Realize life is an obstacle and always will be one.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 PM

Physicians tend not to prescribe benzodiazepines to minors, just an fyi, so you might get it, but they'll need to be really convinced before they whip out the ol' prescription pad.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Explain to your doctor that your anxiety is causing you to feel depressed. And put a lot of emphasize on how anxiety keeps you from living your life because it controls you and stuff like that.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Marquis

Cool Re: How can I get a prescription for Klonopin?

Actually. Your doctor is right. The best cure for social anxiety is anti depressants, this can be supplemented with some benzos in case of attacks.

Tell your doctor that the anti depressants you are on now doesn`t work and ask him to try some new ones.

I am on Cipralex at the moment and they are working. I had to try quite a lot of them before I found something that worked. I also take benzos, but as little as possible.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 449 View Post
Explain to your doctor that your anxiety is causing you to feel depressed. And put a lot of emphasize on how anxiety keeps you from living your life because it controls you and stuff like that.
449 I think you just have a really crooked shrink. I overplayed my then non-existant anxiety (I'd call it enjoying benzos) and I got Zoloft + .25 mg Xanax a day.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Regular

just to clarify, i'm 24 and been going to this doctor for about 5 years. i told him i think my depression is being caused by my anxiety because i have a really hard time trying to make friends and that's all i really want in life right now. this isn't about manning up like that one bitch said because i can't control this shit for the life of me. it's pretty shitty to just break down crying all of a sudden for no reason whatsoever.

i'm not a drug abuser and i only plan on taking any medicines i get as directed. i've tried to fight through this without meds and sometimes i can trick my mind into thinking everything's ok, but whenever i come in contact with someone i don't know like at work or something my mind constantly draws blanks and i end up saying the most ridiculous things and sometimes even stutter a tiny bit because i feel so nervous. i also end up calling out of work a lot because i totally dread having to feel like this around everyone.

i used to have lots of friends growing up but then it's like a switch flipped and i got screwed over. i do have a g/f and a kid that lives with me but she makes me feel pretty bad a lot of the time. i don't want her to leave though because i don't want to be totally alone and i'll miss my kid way too much. the zoloft does help lift my mood a bit but i really just want to find a way to ease my anxiety to make some friends and have a nice social life. thanks for taking the time to read about my crap guys, and thanks for the responses(most of em anyway)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoistaticx View Post
just to clarify, i'm 24 and been going to this doctor for about 5 years. i told him i think my depression is being caused by my anxiety because i have a really hard time trying to make friends and that's all i really want in life right now. this isn't about manning up like that one bitch said because i can't control this shit for the life of me. it's pretty shitty to just break down crying all of a sudden for no reason whatsoever.

i'm not a drug abuser and i only plan on taking any medicines i get as directed. i've tried to fight through this without meds and sometimes i can trick my mind into thinking everything's ok, but whenever i come in contact with someone i don't know like at work or something my mind constantly draws blanks and i end up saying the most ridiculous things and sometimes even stutter a tiny bit because i feel so nervous. i also end up calling out of work a lot because i totally dread having to feel like this around everyone.

i used to have lots of friends growing up but then it's like a switch flipped and i got screwed over. i do have a g/f and a kid that lives with me but she makes me feel pretty bad a lot of the time. i don't want her to leave though because i don't want to be totally alone and i'll miss my kid way too much. the zoloft does help lift my mood a bit but i really just want to find a way to ease my anxiety to make some friends and have a nice social life. thanks for taking the time to read about my crap guys, and thanks for the responses(most of em anyway)

Chances are if you do have real social anxiety issues, you'll always have issues with them. You have to learn to work through them. Even with the aid of a benzo, like Klonopin, you can't use it all the time, so it's something you need to learn to overcome. Trying readin about some relaxation and breathing techniques and such.

And think about it, if you CAN work, than you're a lot better off than a lot of people with anxiety disorders, they can be very debilitating, and ruin peoples lives. So be grateful you can do what you can, even if it's hard, and work up to making it easier. Even with the aid of such a medication it is something a person will have to learn to conquer without that aid at some point, so maybe don't put all this effort into trying to figure out how to get a medication you'd like, and more effort into trying to overcome this fear.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:01 AM
New Arrival

Stress to your doctor that you have horrible anxiousness when around people, that you're constantly over thinking situations which leads you to be quiet and stress about everything. Benzos are usually only prescribed if you have panic attacks, so be sure to mention that.

Don't ask for a specific drug. If you're really looking to cure a problem (getting fucked up off them is okay too, but do so in moderation), any benzo will work, you probably wont get Klonopins. To get off the anti-depressants, just tell them they give you bad side effects (look them up, pick a couple). You might be bounced around from different medication, but eventually you'll end up with a benzo.

Also, try not to sound like you just read a guide on how to get drugs on the internet, they can see through your bullshit. Some may not care, but others will label you as a drug seeker and you'll never get anything abusable from them again. Just tell them how you honestly feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Chances are if you do have real social anxiety issues, you'll always have issues with them. You have to learn to work through them. Even with the aid of a benzo, like Klonopin, you can't use it all the time, so it's something you need to learn to overcome. Trying readin about some relaxation and breathing techniques and such.

And think about it, if you CAN work, than you're a lot better off than a lot of people with anxiety disorders, they can be very debilitating, and ruin peoples lives. So be grateful you can do what you can, even if it's hard, and work up to making it easier. Even with the aid of such a medication it is something a person will have to learn to conquer without that aid at some point, so maybe don't put all this effort into trying to figure out how to get a medication you'd like, and more effort into trying to overcome this fear.
While benzos wont cure his social problems (they will probably make it worse), it can be a good tool to loosen up a bit and start being more social. If he doesn't get hooked on them and learns to man the fuck up, a prescription will do wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC&C View Post
Physicians tend not to prescribe benzodiazepines to minors, just an fyi, so you might get it, but they'll need to be really convinced before they whip out the ol' prescription pad.
Bullshit. It depends on the person you're seeing. Some doctors are completely against giving minors any sort of drug and try to get them into therapy with a possible prescription for an SSRI. Some will give you anything you ask them for as long as you have insurance.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Count

I would suggest drinking the pain away, it seems to work for a lot of people.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four View Post
Bullshit. It depends on the person you're seeing. Some doctors are completely against giving minors any sort of drug and try to get them into therapy with a possible prescription for an SSRI. Some will give you anything you ask them for as long as you have insurance.
While I agree with everything else you posted, I still contest this point. Benzodiazepines are a third (or fourth) line treatment for anxiety in patients less than 18 years of age. Whether or not a physician decides to follow these guidelines is up to them, but there is definitely a difference in how they treat a patient according to age. Similarly, children with ADHD will be prescribed methylphenidate, but if that doesn't work, will probably be given an amphetamine. In adults, amphetamines are prescribed first. Although it sounds like we live in different countries, so it might be a regional difference. In any case, the OP is an adult, and this doesn't apply to him.

OP, you might have better luck with a psychiatrist, since they're more comfortable prescribing benzos than a GP.

In my case, I was going through a particularly troubling time in my life, and a friend gave me clonazepam. It helped so much I went to the doctor and was completely honest with him. I told him that I got it from a friend, how much I took, and he said he was comfortable giving me a one-time prescription for them because I had previously tried it and it worked. That script lasted me for the entire time I needed it, and I ended up giving it away because I didn't want it kicking around. This might work for you, or it may backfire and you might get labelled a drug-seeker and never seen again.... I hope something I wrote helped.