Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned

Default Easy to access vehicles

Tell me which vehicles are the easiest to get into when their LOCKED (not breaking the window)
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,384 Times in 977 Posts
Default Re: Easy to access vehicles

convertibles

Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Marquis

Cars left running unintended at the gas pump.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 5th Root

convertibles and jeeps
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Wealthy Merchant

I does not mater if they are locked all you need is this.
[youtube]MNaSTipOYy8[/youtube]
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIHEATTT305 View Post
Tell me which vehicles are the easiest to get into when their LOCKED (not breaking the window)
Early '90 makes, and I'd assume motorbikes as well.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Marquis

Winter time when it's cold and people leave there cars running outside to warm up.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6464 View Post
I does not mater if they are locked all you need is this.
[youtube]MNaSTipOYy8[/youtube]
You'd be an idiot to actually think that works.

Get one of those red hammers off buses used to shatter the window in the event of an emergency. You can find them on ebay for under $20.

A light tap to the window with one of them the entire glass shatters almost silently and you're in.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyote View Post
You'd be an idiot to actually think that works.

Get one of those red hammers off buses used to shatter the window in the event of an emergency. You can find them on ebay for under $20.

A light tap to the window with one of them the entire glass shatters almost silently and you're in.
I know it does not work it was a joke. But as for what you posted a the white part of a spark plug (porcelain) will work just as good.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Peasant

Some pickup trucks that have rear-sliding windows. Some don't have locks or are not locked.

And while your out taking shit, look in the back of pickups and grab tools, equipment, and anything else is back there.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6464 View Post
I know it does not work it was a joke. But as for what you posted a the white part of a spark plug (porcelain) will work just as good.
Fuck that, smash a porcelain toilet cistern lid and use them.

But bearing in mind what the OP said,
Quote:
(not breaking the window)
I guess depending on the car you could pry open the boot and then boot the back seat to get in as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHsL8GMGtR8

Any of the cars in this video...
http://sharebee.com/3571a7e0

I remember trolling Rorta, RottenEggs and Bombshock (got it stickied there, haha ) with that tennis ball routine with a video of my own until Beyond came and told everyone. I'm sure some kewl Jolly Roger Cookbook fans were/are enjoying their time and dumbed down education in youth offenders Don't take videos on about using mobile phones, tennis balls or any of that shit for anything other than fiction.

Do some research on the cars you fancy.

I'll post some info on more modern cars later.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze Wizz View Post
Some pickup trucks that have rear-sliding windows. Some don't have locks or are not locked.

And while your out taking shit, look in the back of pickups and grab tools, equipment, and anything else is back there.
Ive heard about this, make models this method works well with and rear sliding can I just go to the back and open it or do I need some sort of tool
Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Count

break the window
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Banned

lol
Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to kirby

Wow, this is pathetic.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Autonomato-noma-napoton

Thanked 1,027 Times in 389 Posts

I used to own a 93 honda accord. The car was broken into TWICE and had the radio stolen. We asked a the honda dealer (who repaired the lock) how often that model of car gets broken into. He claimed that it was one of the most common makes and models.

Not sure what makes it so easy to break into them, maybe just old technology. But in any case, this is apparently an easy car to get inside of.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Archduke

Grin Re: Easy to access vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby View Post
Wow, this is pathetic.
Kirby actually has a point; even though it is possible to break into more modern cars (I haven't done so) with some research about the car and the systems it uses (I posted some informative links in another thread mad eby samguy700), it isn't really worth it.

You could just put up a car for sale either online or offline. If you do this offline you'll need to rent a car out and you may only get deposits, but it can be done for full whack with dedication.

You advertise the car, show them pics and all of that and then take a deposit from them (if doing offline) and many other people and then split with the cash and return the rented car (remove rental stickers). If doing this online and you have someone dumb enough to come to you then it's easy to get payment into a bank account set up with some stolen details (someone else will most likely catch the blame for the crime) and then launder it through the offshore bank accounts. Sell it to many different people.

If you can then get cheques (most people will decline this) and get each cheque written out to the person's name of someone you want to buy something from (or buy gold coins). Make sure it's a different person recieving each cheque.

You launder your money effectively at the same time.

By the way, here's a post by carthief from bombshock...
Quote:
I am an expert in the business and I can tell you how to steal any car you want. just send me a message or go to www.kinut.net but here is some help:

The best way to steal a GM is Photoshop! If you have lost your keys you can go to the Parts department at any GM dealership and tell them your story of how you lost your keys in the lake, they will then ask you to show proof of ownership. Here is where Photoshop comes in, scan your registration or title to the car you actually own and change the details to the car you want. If you cant photoshop very well, do the registration, print, then copy it to make it look like a fax. Then take it to an out-of-town dealership so you can say it was faxed to you. Insurance is the easiest and you should print that out as well just to have as more proof. Once they get the proof they need, they will either call a 1800 # or log into a GM website and enter your vin and their dealer info and gm will fax them your key codes and the proper resistance value. They can cut the key right there and give it to you.
Some dealers will copy your registration with your DL and “put it on file”. Most won’t bother. I had one dealer do that to me on the Doug Rippie Z06 I was going to steal, so I just didn’t bother getting it. I found another Z06 that was a little faster so I tried the same way, they copied it also. So I had the guy behind the counter look up a bunch of other parts for my car and when he walked away I reached over the counter and took it .
I try not to risk it when I don’t have to, if they did keep that paper with your info I really doubt anything will ever come from it, the car is gone, the owner or dealership will report it to insurance and that’s it for that cars life. If that car was at that dealership they would put 2 and 2 together. I good fake ID would be a great way to do it.

Details on the PASS-Key System
The personal automotive security system (PASS-Key®) is standard equipment on certain GM vehicles. The system is designed to prevent vehicle theft by disabling the engine unless an ignition key with a specific electrical resistance is used in the ignition cylinder. The PASS-Key® system and the content theft deterrent system operate separately.

There are 15 different ignition key resistance values. Of the 15 different resistance values, or key codes available, only one will work with each body control module (BCM). Once the key code is programmed into the BCM, the code is stored in non-volatile memory.
The PASS-Key® system prevents the engine from starting by controlling the theft deterrent relay and the powertrain control module (PCM) fuel enable input. If the PCM does not sense the proper fuel enable signal, fuel will not be provided to the engine.
If the wrong resistance value is sensed when the ignition switch is in the RUN position, the BCM will not ground the theft deterrent relay control circuit and will not provide the fuel enable signal for approximately three minutes. The engine is prevented from starting and discourages a thief from trying key codes or resistance values at random.
If the correct resistance value is sensed when the ignition switch is in the RUN position, the BCM will ground the theft deterrent relay control circuit and enable fuel delivery. The engine will start normally.
If the PASS-Key® system detects an open or short to ground when the ignition switch is in the RUN position, the BCM will default to fail enable mode. Fail enable occurs when the proper key resistance is sensed before the open short to ground occurs. Fail enable will illuminate the security indicator lamp and allow the operator to stop and start the vehicle until the problem is corrected.

The PASS-Key® system includes the following components:
Ignition key
Ignition cylinder
Body control module (BCM)
Theft deterrent relay
Powertrain control module (PCM)
SECURITY indicator

Ignition Key
The ignition key is a typical square ignition key blank with an imbedded resistor. The key blank and resistor are not serviceable separately. There are 15 different resistance values. The ignition key also has mechanical cuts similar to non-PASS-Key® ignition keys.

Ignition Cylinder
The ignition cylinder contains a set of electrical contacts used to measure the resistor in the ignition key. When the ignition key is inserted into the lock cylinder, the resistor in the key makes contact with the electrical contacts inside the ignition cylinder.

Body Control Module
The Body Control Module (BCM) contains the theft deterrent system logic. The BCM reads the key code from the ignition cylinder when the ignition is turned to the START position. If the code is correct, the BCM will enable the theft deterrent relay and will send a fuel enable signal to the PCM via the class 2 serial data circuit.
If the BCM receives the wrong code, the BCM will immediately go into tamper mode. The tamper mode will lock-out the vehicle starter and fuel injectors for 3 minutes. The SECURITY indicator will flash while the BCM is in tamper mode.

Theft Deterrent Relay
The theft deterrent relay is used to prevent the engine from cranking if the correct resistance is not sensed at the ignition key. It prevents the engine from cranking by opening the circuit to the starter solenoid.

Powertrain Control Module
The PCM communicates with the BCM over the Class 2 serial data circuit. When the BCM enters tamper mode, it sends a Class 2 message to the PCM in order to disable the fuel injection system. If the BCM receives the expected ignition code, the BCM sends a class 2 message to the PCM in order to enable the fuel injection system. The PCM then allows the vehicle to start.

SECURITY Indicator
The SECURITY indicator is located on the instrument cluster. The SECURITY indicator is controlled by the BCM via the class 2 serial data circuit.

Most fords now have a PATS(Passive Anti Theft Security) key system. P.A.T.S. was introduced starting with select models in the 1996 model year, F-series 1999, and Super duties in 2008. Duplicate keys can be made only with the Ford NGS computer or if you have the key(s) to the car.

With PATS I, as long as you have at least one working key and can read the owners manual that came with the vehicle, you've got a good shot at programming your new key.

With PATS II, two working keys are required for admittance to the programming show.
http://www.fordf150.net/howto/patskey.php
Program a pats key

The Ford NGS Computer can be bought by anyone, and is easy to learn. With this you can program the key to work with the car you need. The biggest downfall of this is the computer has a 10 minute delay while programming the key. It’s costly but you can easily pay for it with one car. We first bought ours just to get one car. Buying directly was the cheapest route for a new one. Ebay sells plenty of used ones.

PATS key(one of many)

PATS I equipped vehicles include the following.
Contour V6 Duratech 1998
Mustang 1996 - 1997
Taurus LX, SHO 1996 - 1997
Expedition 1997 - 1998
Mark VIII 1997
Mystique LS 1998
Navigator 1997 - 1998
Sable 1996 - 1997 (some)

PATS II equipped vehicles include the following.
Aviator2003 - 2005
Blackwood 2002 - 2003
Mark LT 2006
Mustang 1998 - 2007
Taurus LX, SE, SHO 1998 -2006
Explorer 1998 - 2007
Expedition 1999-2006
Excursion 2000-2005
Escape 2001-2006
Focus 2000-2006
Continental 1998 -2002
Crown Victoria 1998 - 2006
Ranger 1999 -2004 V6 2006 All
F150, F250 Light Duty 1999 - 2007
F350 Heavy Duty 2008+
Contour V6 1999 - 2000
Windstar 1999 -2004
Navigator 1999 - 2006
Town Car 1998 - 2006
Mariner 2005 - 2006
Marauder 2003 - 2005
Cougar 1999 - 2002
Grand Marquis 1998 - 2006
LS6, LS8 1999-2006
Milan 2006
Mark VIII 1997 - 1998
Mountaineer 1998 - 2007
Montego 2005 - 2006
Monterey 2004 - 2006
Mystique LS 1999 -2000
Sable 1998 - 2005
T-Bird 2002 - 2005
Fusion 2006+
Freestyle 2005+
Freestar 2004+
GT 2005 - 2006
Five-Hundred 2005+
Zephyr 2006

Key-swapping
The main idea here is to have a key in your pocket that looks just like the key to the car your going to get. I’ve never tried this alone, we always had two or more people with us. You go to the dealer and start looking at the car you want and bullshiting with the sales man, he will get the keys so you can look at it, start it up etc.. We always had one guy talking to the salesman under the hood while the other is inside with the car running, the one on the inside switches his key with the original key while it is running by taking the key tag off the original and putting it on his. Then he can kill the ignition and hand the fake key back to the salesman. This works perfect if it has keyless entry on the keychain, then the salesman will lock it up and you can go look at other cars.
It’s harder to do with no keyless entry or just one key because the salesman will try to lock the doors with the fake key and all hell breaks out.

Now all you need is a key that looks like the original! Google it and find out what it looks like, most keys look the same for the entire brand of that car. Go to the gym and dig through the drawer/wall where everyone leaves their keys to find one. Or some dealers leave keys in the cars in the daytime(idiots) but almost every dealer leaves the keys in the cars that are in the showroom floor. Walking through a car dealership you have so many opportunities to snag a set of keys laying around. Or buy a blank from the parts department and have a locksmith cut it any way he wants. Those are a few ways, if those don’t work and you can’t find a set you’re a dumbass.

There were a few times this didn’t work out, we would come back to get the car and the batteries would be gone, the car was moved inside, or the police were there No big deal, just move on to the next one. But there was one time when we were caught in the act, well sorda.. I wrecked my car and for some reason I thought the guy that hit me(I cut him off) didn’t see my plates so I drove off. Two hours later the police are calling me, I didn’t answer the phone and thought what I should do. I decided to blow off the cops for the day and have a body guy fix it over night, then show the police my car the next day showing it was fine and someone must have stole my plates. The body guy started on it and then realized he wouldn’t be able to do good enough job to pass the police inspection. Next I tried renting an identical car and using its parts on mine for a day, but my car was too new no rental company had one. So I thought I would just steal a car just like mine. I was driving my VW Passat, so we went to a dealership a few hours away and started looking at an identical car to mine. I had my spare key in my pocket ready to swap, swapped them while he was under the hood, killed the engine and locked the car up, then handed him my key. But he wanted to show us how you could stick the key in the door and turn it to roll the windows up and down. Well the key didn’t work and he knew something was up. He said, “this isn’t my key, you have my key give it back” and I told him I didn’t know what he was talking about, we went on for a few minutes until he pulled out his phone and started dialing, then I said I would give it back if he gave me my key back(I needed one key to swap at another dealer) at this point he started yelling for other salesmen and we jumped in our truck as he’s writing down our tags we are haulin’ ass out of there. One car tried to follow us really slick but we noticed and lost them. I was glad we stopped around the corner before going there and put on fake tags. From there we drove to another dealer and got the job done, I was a little shook up but I didn’t want to get charged for that hit and run. Oh by the way, worked perfect, I was a dick and made the cops drive an hour ½ to my house to inspect my car, they did and apologized for the mix up, but gave me a little hell about not noticing my plate missing.

Key-stealing
One day I was so pissed off because I was moving the next day and had just totaled my truck, so I walked in this dealership that had an SRT-10 sitting right up front, and walked around until I found the room where they kept all the keys, looked through all of them until I found that truck key, took it and had someone drop me off there that night. The only reason why I did that was the anger built up inside of me, but we started doing this more and more, it was so easy. Some dealers keep the keys in room by themselves I was really surprised, most are in the managers office, a machine, or the cashiers office.

The best example of this method was when four of us drove 8 hours to get 2 corvettes and couldn’t get either. So on the way home we decided to stop by this other dealership and see what they had. We drove home that night with 3 new cars lol. Eddy test drove a new escalade while the rest of us looked at what else they had. We found 4 other cars we wanted, went into the sales floor and just started talking to the manager, I walked off and went into his office and found 2 sets of keys to the cars we wanted, went to grab them but couldn’t get them off the wall, they locked them to the wall! So I stood there and unscrewed the keys off the key ring, took longer but worked. After Eddy got back from the test drive we all left, I then told him how we got 2 sets of keys and he pulled out the keys to the escalade! The salesman never asked for the keys back, we thought for sure he would have remembered before they left that night. But obviously he never did.

Last edited by SLIM; 09-25-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok View Post
I used to own a 93 honda accord. The car was broken into TWICE and had the radio stolen. We asked a the honda dealer (who repaired the lock) how often that model of car gets broken into. He claimed that it was one of the most common makes and models.

Not sure what makes it so easy to break into them, maybe just old technology. But in any case, this is apparently an easy car to get inside of.
Auto jigglers?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Marquis

Default Re: How to steel modern day cars

If you want good answers you should probably put a bit more effort into asking the question, and you should google first.

I don't know a whole lot about auto theft, but a simple google brought this up:

Copied from:
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/...1/article.html

Quote:
1. Bump against the car to check for a car alarm. Since it seems like everything from a loud Harley to a rumbling garbage truck can set off a car alarm, people have been conditioned to tune them out. Instead of a motion-sensitive car alarm, use one that has a pager that will notify you as soon as your alarm is activated.

2. Break the window or jimmy the lock to gain entry into a locked car. Don't tempt car thieves. Keep valuables out of plain sight. Take them with you or store them in the trunk. Also, if you have a stereo with a removable face plate, take it with you instead of tucking it away in the glovebox.

3. Cut the steering wheel itself if there's a steering wheel lock. Instead of locking just your steering wheel, "lock" your car's ability to go by using a starter disable switch and putting it in a place where only you can get to it.

4. Look for exposed wiring that can be cut or for the central unit of the car alarm to deactivate it. Instead of going to a big retail chain store, have your car alarm installed by a professional car alarm installer, preferably a reasonably shady one. Unlike retail chain employees, these experts know what it takes to make your car elusive to crooks.

5. Look for car alarm decals to figure out which method to use to eliminate the alarm. Never display stickers that advertise what sort of car alarm you have, or audio system for that matter. Consider using a hood lock cable so the thief can't get to your battery or car alarm mechanism.

6. Jump into an unattended running car while the owner is at the ATM, dropping off videos, etc. Never leave your keys in the ignition even for a quick errand. Car theft is a crime of opportunity, so don't make it easy for them to grab yours.

7. Look for the car's title, registration or anything with a home address on it. Keep your registration and insurance information with you and never leave personal information in your car.

8. Stake out sporting events, movie theaters and shopping center parking lots for the car of your choice since they offer the largest variety of cars in one area. Whenever possible, park in lots and garages that have security and/or parking lot attendants. If not, don't park in the farthest corner of the lot but rather near the entrance of these facilities to insure the most foot traffic (and the most potential witnesses). Also, opt for paying the extra couple of dollars for the monitored parking lot instead of using the free parking on the less-trafficked side streets.

9. Find the second set of keys the owner "hid" in the car. Don't leave spare keys in your car or in a magnetic box attached to the underside of your car. Thieves know where all the "hiding places" are.

10. Copy specific vehicle information and take it to the manufacturer to get a replacement key made. Instead of VIN etching the major parts of your vehicle, which doesn't turn most thieves off, drop your business card into the doors through the window slots to identify your car as yours.
And:
http://www.articleclick.com/Article/...-Don-t/1060892

Quote:
No matter how advanced the security technology built in car is, it seems to be no match for clever car thieves that can pass all through the computer based security system, the keyless entry and the ignition systems, in a matter a seconds.

Imagine that you have just bought a new car. It is easy to think further and to imagine that your new acquisition will attract unwanted attention. A well known way between thieves about how to break into a car is to force the window in order to get inside. Once they do that, they open up the hood, search for the ignition cable and take the battery to a halt. If you have a car alarm installed, it will just be dismantled in a few seconds, and your car will no longer be where you parked it.

In Europe, car thieves like very much to use the following method. With a specialized 40-bit code sequence, they manage to unlock the car, then work on the security system and, while breaching in, removing the original code with a new one. This way, the alarm system will be tricked into believing that the new code is the owner's code, and, therefore, it will become deactivated.

A study about stealing cars and the methods used by seasoned thieves, called Johns Hopkins/RSA study, the researchers showed how the ignition of a car can be initiated when you use a laptop with all the tricks implied by Basic Encryption 101. This is able to scan the car in less than one second, without the owner of the car suspecting anything. The laptop is used to generate possible variations, until the right one is found. Then, breaking in the car is just a breeze.

Many modern cars, these days, come equipped with the Advanced Anti-theft system. If you want to buy a model with the latest security anti-theft equipment, you will find this system in brand cars like Ford, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Chrysler. If you buy one of the following models: Plymouth Breeze, Crown Victoria, Mercury Marquis, Lincoln Continental, Dodge Neon, Ford Windstar, Jeep Cherokee, or Nissan Pathfinder, you will take advantage of all the sophisticated anti-theft systems that are out there.

These system have immobilizer features. This is how this works: the immobilizer has a transponder with an unalterable identification code, that works by the use of radio frequency and signal powers.

If you want to get to keep your fancy new car, consider the fact that the thieves always keep up with the latest technology. A cutting edge ignition key that cannot be altered is the right solution, for now.
And:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...72bcecad7dd685

Last edited by Syphilis; 09-29-2009 at 10:12 AM.