Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned

Default How do i test the purity of cocaine?

Consuming it is out of the question because i dont do it and i most likely wont have someone around to test it.

So is there acurate ways to tell the somewhat exact purity? Please no "it has to look like fish scales" "its gotta look shiny". I want to know precise and accurate ways to find out the purity.

look i found a practical way to test the purity of cocaine with no thanks to any of you.

http://www.eztest.com/shop/product_d...48&item_id=133

Last edited by hotbod; 02-10-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Marquis

Default Re: How do i test the purity of cocaine?

I'm not really sure how to tell the purity without a lot of trouble, but a quick acetone wash and then a water wash would almost certainly make it purer. It's insoluble in acetone and very soluble in water, and some cuts are vice versa.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMech View Post
I'm not really sure how to tell the purity without a lot of trouble, but a quick acetone wash and then a water wash would almost certainly make it purer. It's insoluble in acetone and very soluble in water, and some cuts are vice versa.
theres nothing wrong if it takes a lot of trouble.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to Eskorbuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMech View Post
Can you explain this procedure a little better please? I'm really curious about it.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,315 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit
Thumbs Up Re: How do i test the purity of cocaine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsk-&t View Post
Can you explain this procedure a little better please? I'm really curious about it.
Dump a gram into 50ml acetone and stir till dissolved, there should be sludge at the bottom (insoluble cut); filter and recrystallise.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckbiscuit View Post
Dump a gram into 50ml acetone and stir till dissolved, there should be sludge at the bottom (insoluble cut); filter and recrystallise.
What would be an appropriate filter? Will a simple coffee filter work?

To recrystallize, I assume I just let it dry out?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,315 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit

Quote:
What would be an appropriate filter? Will a simple coffee filter work?

To recrystallize, I assume I just let it dry out?
Yeah coffee filter would be great, just dump the remaining liquid onto a glass table or mirror and take a hairdryer to it as one would with a vial of K then scrape it into a pile.
Eskorbuto (01-19-2010)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Knight

Quote:
Yeah coffee filter would be great, just dump the remaining liquid onto a glass table or mirror and take a hairdryer to it as one would with a vial of K then scrape it into a pile.
Thanks for the help, man.

I'll try this out the next time I buy a couple of tenbags... I'm sure my cokeish friendlies would like to test this out as well
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Thanked 1,014 Times in 691 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dose Me

I'm not sure if it works but in the Movie "Blow" they test the purity of Cocaine by melting it on a hotplate...there are reference temperatures that you can find online that will tell you how pure the cocaine is by what temperature it can be heated to before it completely melts.

The impurities in cocaine will melt at lower temperatures than the cocaine itself...if this is true I am right and you can test the purity of your cocaine with your stove and a thermometer.

Edit:

[youtube]dp3ZzcRP33Q[/youtube]

This could only apply to the coke back in the day...and they probably do not say the right temps in the movie.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Crashwangdoodle (01-31-2010)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Marquis

Quote:
fuckbiscuit's got it. Here is a detailed guide. An acetone wash probably all you'll need, but you can also do the same procedure with ethanol and then with water to get rid of amphetamine (if you want to) and... well... anything in there insoluble in water. I've never done the latter two though - just in theory. LeJunk's guide mentions them, and also ways to remove (pseudo) ephedrine... but I don't want to mess with chloroform and ether's too much trouble.

One thing to remember is where your cocaine is going to be. If you dump it in alcohol or water, it dissolves - so you'll want to put the hairdryer to it after dumping out whatever you catch in your (doubled-up) coffee filter. If you put it in acetone, however, it is insoluble - so you'll be dumping out the liquid this time and keeping the stuff in your filter. And if your acetone has any water in it, you'll lose some product! The linked guide shows how to make your acetone anhydrous if it didn't start out that way.

One final caution is to make sure your acetone evaporates completely.

Quote:
This may be backwards. The Merck Index agrees with you and claims cocaine is soluble in acetone. That's about as high an authority as you can get, but: here and here are possible explanations.

Last edited by AdMech; 01-19-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Eskorbuto (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's been stated that cocaine*HCl will not dissolve in acetone, though, realistically, you can get almost anything to dissolve in acetone, so it's a question of how much you use.

If anything, I would probably just freebase the stuff with clear household ammonia, scrape the freebase off the top then gas it out of naphtha. Alternatively, one could just salt it up again with some muriatic acid from the hardware store and just boil away the liquid when it reaches equilibrium. If one didn't want to deal with "scary chemicals" *cough*bitch*cough* then they could always just resalt it with vinegar. ie, add vinegar to the crack until it starts to smell much like vinegar, then one could just slowly boil it away to yield cocaine*acetate. Though, that heat+acidity might cause problems.

As for simply testing the purity of cocaine, I'll give you a hint:

just use yr nose

Last edited by Hydroponichronic; 01-20-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Count

Do a line and see for yourself
Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Count

If it's high-grade stuff, it will turn blue.- Officer Stedanko
Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 AM
New Arrival

Yay, second post. Go me!

Testing cocaine for purity is easy in X steps:

1 - Fill a glass of water with clean bottled water (Dont use tap water, it already has crap in it).

2 - Sprinkle a tiny bit of powder you are testing into the glass of water.

3 - If after one to two seconds, you still see any powder still floating at the top of the glass, that's all the cutting agents that didnt dissolve as fast.

-or-

Try it and see how the drip is.

Kid tested, mother approved.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Wealthy Merchant

I was thinking of the same scene in Blow, anyone else notice the titties in the background?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Knight

Send a message via ICQ to infamousjonrhodes Send a message via AIM to infamousjonrhodes Send a message via Yahoo to infamousjonrhodes Send a message via Skype™ to infamousjonrhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Toups View Post
I was thinking of the same scene in Blow, anyone else notice the titties in the background?
now that you mentioned it no,im usually to focused on the coccccaine
Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to Von Bass

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VRTV085A

The handbook of cocaine purification. If its the same file as on my hard drive, it has a chapter on purification, with a fairly comprehensive description amounting to 'freebase, dissolve, filter, recrystallise'.

Melting points can be used to determine the purity of a sample. You will either need a reference sample or a reliably accurate thermometer capable of measuring to 195*C. (The melting point) A really simple set up as used for roughly determining mpts when there's no other alternative could probably be used with some success. See below for a shitty ms paint diagram.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular

If your doing enough of it, Get a burner scale.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,599 Posts

Bic lighter... spoon... baking soda.... water. Weight it before, then weight it after. Buff burns off.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
Bic lighter... spoon... baking soda.... water. Weight it before, then weight it after. Buff burns off.
Ach, baking soda rock is for niggers. White folk use clear household ammonia and a shotglass. But yea, there should only be a 10% weight reduction from powder coke to freebase, as that's what the wt% HCl is.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:55 AM
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Can someone confirm if the method in the movie...just heating it up and seeing what temperature the coke melts at...is legit?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose Me View Post
Can someone confirm if the method in the movie...just heating it up and seeing what temperature the coke melts at...is legit?
Sounds pretty bullshit to me. To determine what temerature the cutting agents melt at, one would have to first identify the cutting agents and at what ratio they are present. If "X" cutting agent melts at the same temperature as cocaine, how can you tell one's reaction from the other? You can't test a heterogenous mixture of unknown quantities/qualities using any one variable.
-SpectraL (01-25-2010), Uber_Apples (01-25-2010)
Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 AM
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

I guess with todays new cutting agents and shit it's not that viable anymore. If you picked it up from a source that you know didn't cut it with some crazy bullshit...it could work.

I think cocaine melts at a higher temperature than most other compounds...so slower it melts and the higher it goes without bubbling away, the more pure it is.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Marquis

Quote:
It's legit Dose ME..........Hold on i'll grab you the info for it......
Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Marquis

There are a few preliminary tests one may perform on coke without the need of elaborate gear or techniques.

Here are a few field tests i will tell you with detail.

FEEL TEST-The simplest is the feel test. In this test all you need are clean, dry hands. Take your index finger and press it into a small pile of chopped or screened cocaine hydrochloride. Then take what adheres to your finger (1/4 of a line is sufficient) and press it against your thumb pad. After a second or two gently rub thumb and forefinger in a circular motion. The coke should melt and feel very slick and oily, about the feel of fine machine oil. Any sticky or gritty feeling is a sign of adulterants. It's amazing how often this simple test will show its value.

TASTE TEST-Warning:because there may be undesirable adulterants in your sample, use caution. Take a little cocaine on your finger and put it on the tip of your tongue. The taste should be bitter, but not terribly so, and there should not be an immediate or quick freeze (numbing). Rather, it should take a couple of minutes before you feel the anesthetic effect. The numb should not seem super intense, yet it should be definite, with an almost "chill effect. If it's metallic or bites severely, it's probably cut with a synthetic caine and is to be avoided. Pure cocaine has a more organic taste; it's somewhat bitter but not sharp to the tongue.

TINFOIL TEST-Cocaine will, upon being heated to its vapor point, completely evaporate, leaving a stain where it had been, but no residue. However, there are several other substances commonly used as adulterants which will do likewise. Therefore, lack of residue is not proof of purity, but residue is an almost certain proof of adulteration.

Take a strip (about 2" by 6") of clean, unwrinkled tinfoil (I prefer heavy gauge) and curve it lengthwise into a smooth, elongated valley. Take a small (5mg or1/4 of a line) sample of the toot in question and drop it on the foil about an inch and a half from one end, in the center of the valley. Holding the other end of the foil, heat the sample from underneath carefully with a match or flame. Keep the flame, yet close enough for the heat to be sufficient to vaporize the sample. When the sample has been heated to the point where no more smoke or reaction is evident, remove the heat source and allow a moment for the foil to cool. Placing the foil on a smooth, flat surface, take your index finger and and firmly press and pull it across the burned spot where the sample evaporated. There should be no residue visible upon your finger. There should be a stain of amber to dark brown color visible on the foil.

The appearance of any residue is an almost certain indication of adulteration.

WATER TEST-Drop a small, finely-screened amount of cocaine (at least 1/2 a line) in a clean, clear, tall glass of plain water. Clean coke is highly soluble in water. Upon hitting the surface, it will dissolve with almost explosive speed, leaving transparent trailers as the particles descend (the only adulterant to impart similar trails being procaine hydrochloride).

CHLORINE TEST-The best simple test for discerning the presence of synthetic caine drugs (anesthetic adulterants) in your cocaine is the chlorine test. Virtually all of the synthetic cuts react positively to the bleach test and reliably produce an orange-red or dull brick-red residue on the surface of the bleach. Since the synthetic caines are not removed by the base process, they are of prime concern.

To perform the test, use a freshly opened (unoxidized) bottle of chlorine bleach (Clorox, Purex, etc). Fill a clear, tall (8oz to12oz) glass with the chlorine solution. Run a small line (10mg) of the sample through a fine screen, or chop diligently with a razor blade. Care must be taken not to contaminate the sample with any precious cocaine (etc) residues. Even minute amounts of contaminants could affect the test results. Gently drop the pulverized sample into the center of the bleach solution.

The sample should hesitate on the surface 5-15 seconds before starting its milky descent. Spiraling downward, the particles should dissolve on or before reaching the bottom. Particles which break out of formation or fall with no trail are usually sugars (mannite, sucrose, lactose, etc). These pose no threat as they are removed in processing.

While illicit (mixed alkaloidal) cocaine will leave an oily spot, this oil slick could vary from almost colorless to faint amber. It will never be red without the presence of one or more of the synthetic caines. Pharmaceutical cocaine will leave no trace on the surface of the bleach.

SPECIAL NOTE-There is a common street myth which relates a fizzing and spurting on the surface of the bleach solution to quinine sulfate. It is more probably an indication of the presence of lidocaine free-base occasionally used to cut cocaine hydrochloride.

METHANOL TEST-The best simple test to determine the presence of sugar adulterants in the cocaine hydrochloride sample is the methanol test.

In this test all you need are: a bottle of absolute methanol (methyl alcohol 100%, an unscratched stainless steel, or better yet, a dark teflon-coated tablespoon, and the cocaine test sample. Bend or place the spoon so that the bowl is level and fill at least 3/4 full with methanol. Drop a finely chopped sample of cocaine (one line, approximately 20mg) into the center of the spoon and observe. The cocaine (as well as the synthetic caines) will dissolve completely within seconds.High quality illicit coke and pharmaceutical coke will disappear within five seconds; poorly processed or adulterated products will take longer. No sugars will dissolve in methanol, therefore they will remain in the spoon for viewing. This test will show you the amount of sugar adulterant/cut (i,e,, sucrose, dextrose, lactose, fructose, inositol) in the sample. Since these sugar adulterants are removed in the free-base process, they are primarily of concern only if their proportion makes the purchase price of the coke unwarranted, for example: if the cocaine, upon testing, is shown to be 50% sugar, without a comparable reduction in purchase price.

METHANOL REMOVAL OF INERT ADULTERANTS-Dissolve the cocaine sample in a vial or test tube containing 10 ml (per gram of toot) absolute methanol (100%). Pour the resulting suspension through a filter paper. After paper has drained, place an additional 5 to 10 ml of methanol in the vial. Shake to rinse, and pour through the filter. The sugar adulterant will remain in the filter paper and may be discarded (or retained for your purpose, if any). The methanol solution may now be evaporated, leaving the unsweetened toot. Note: The possible presence of other adulterants may retard or prevent satisfactory end results. For practical reasons it is best to try this with a small amount of material first.

MELTPOINT TEST- The test most often used by dealers to indicate cocaine's purity prior to purchase is the melt point test. This common laboratory technique calls for the gradual heating of the test material on a "hot stage," an electrically heated and controlled platform. The operator of the melting device watches the material closely. The temperature of the hot stage platform is raised at a constant rate until the substance starts to melt. The temperature at which the melting action begins and ends is carefully noted. Since each different chemical substance is known to have a specific temperature at which it will change to the liquid state, a fairly accurate idea of the degree of purity can be obtained from the test results. A high degree of purity is indicated not only by the specific temperature of the melting action, but by the spread or number of degrees between the start and finish of the action. Free-base cocaine, if pure, will melt at 98 c* with a maximum speed of only one degree. The spread of pure cocaine hydrochloride may be 5 degrees or more, and range (depending on processing and origin) from 188-197 c*. The melting point of free-base offers a more definite and reliable test of purity, especially when used in conjunction with the "weight return" test, next explained.
aquabania (02-12-2013)
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Marquis

WEIGHT RETURN TEST-The best free-base return you could hope for by weight would be 88% if the coke was pure. The 12 % missing is the weight of the hydrochloric acid removed from the cocaine in the free-base process.

Anything more than 12% weight loss can be assumed to be cuts (adulterants). For instance, if the weight of a given amount of cocaine were increased by 10% due to the addition of an inert cut (adulterant), such as sugar,this 10% cut would be reflected in a 10% weight loss in the resulting free-base. This loss is over and above the expected 12% acid loss. The weight yield then for a sample of cocaine on which a 10% cut had been placed would be at a rate of 78%.
EXAMPLE
100% = weight of sample
12% = weight of hydrochloric acid removed
10% = weight of sugar cut
___
78% = weight of returned free-base

You can make free-base cocaine using any amount of cocaine hydrochloride. For test purposes, it's best to have a one gram sample The use of small samples makes an accurate reading more difficult.

COMMON CUTS: TESTS AND REMOVAL-

BENZOCAINE (ethyl-para-aminobenzoate): a white, translucent crystalline powder.

Although small amounts of benzocaine are low in toxicity, many people are strongly affected by the drug's "jitters" syndrome. This seems to be accentuated when benzocaine is free-based. In addition to this rattling effect, felt first in the hands and forearms, there are often complaints of a vague but definite paranoia associated with smoking
benzocaine. As is the case with all benzoic esters, there is a distinct possibility of allergic reaction, especially when smoked or injected. Due to the low solubility of benzocaine in water, injected may be dangerous.

Removal:Use petroleum ether to wash the cocaine hydrochloride sample through fine filter paper. Dry the cocaine remaining in the filter paper completely for use or further testing. Evaporate ether from removed cut and test for benzocaine if desired.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR BENZOCAINE: Dissolve 10mg of the material in 1 ml of water containing 1 drop of dilute hydrochloricacid. Add 2 drops of 10% sodium nitrite solution and 2 drops of a solution consisting of 10mg of beta-naphthol in 5 ml of sodium hydroxide solution. If the material is benzocaine, the solution will turn deep red. If allowed to stand for
a while, a scarlet precipitate will form.NOTE:This test can also be used for PROCAINE.

MELT POINT: 88-90*C.

BUTACAINE SULFATE (3-di-n-butyl-amino-propyl-para-aminobenzoate): a dull white or off-white powder.

Butacaine is sometimes revealed, as are many of the synthetics, by an almost metallic bitter taste and an extreme numbing effect when placed on the tongue.

Butacaine is fairly toxic and therefore alters or impairs nerve impulses. When free-based with cocaine, the resulting rush is somewhere between disappointmentand nausea, depending upon the extent of the cut. Free-base butacaine, when smoked, has a smell reminiscent of a tire facory, though perhaps a little more subtle.

Removal: Complete removal is an involved process, but a significant amount may be eliminated by washing the finely chopped or screened cocaine hydrochloride sample through a fine filter paper with 30 milliliters per gram, chloroform. Cocaine,being highly soluble butacaine behind as the filtrate. This process will leave trace amounts of cut in the coke and vice
versa, but a much cleaner product will result. Completely dessicate or air dry the fillrate and test for butacaine sulfate if desired. Completely and carefully (inhaling fumes will put you on the floor) evaporate the filtrant (chloroform-coke solution) for use.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR BUTACAINE SULFATE (METHOD 1): To an aqueous solution of the material add sodiom hydroxide solution. A colorless oil precipitates.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR BUTACAINE SULFATE (METHOD 2): Three-part test. All three must prove positive. Prepare a solution of the material in water, 100 mg/ml. Divide in three portions. (a) To one portion add potassium mercuri-iodide solution: a white precipitate occurs. (b) To another portion add iodine solution: a brown precipitate occurs. (c) To another portion
add trinitrophenol solution: a yellow precipitate occurs.

MELT POINT: 100-104*C.

PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE (diethylaminoethyl-p-aminobenzoate hydrochloride): a white translucent crystal of regular size resembling table salt.

Procaine is perhaps the most common of anesthetic adulterants from the standpoint of the dealer. In minor amounts it can be difficult to detect. It is a salt, as is cocaine, and therefore has a similar appearance and taste. When assimilated by the body, it breaks down into "PABA", a B-COMPLEX component, and "diethylaminoethanol," a native human metabolic chemical.

In the free-base form procaine exhibits a faster, more potent, longer-acting anesthetic ability and can prove to be more dangerous when repeatedly inhaled.

Procaine hydrochloride is a short-acting local anesthetic. Its anesthetic effect is less than other common caine cuts and is close to coke in strength. Procaine's numbing effect is slow, 3 to 5 minutes to come on. If all of these characteristics aren't enough for procaine's popularity, try this: it's relatively easy to acquire. Due to a legality, the reason for which escapes this person's grasp, procaine can be sold over the counter in most states as, of all things, a "deodorizer." Though it's true that vaporizing the crystals acts to absorb odors in the air, I wonder how much of the drug actually gets used for that purpose. A survey of Marin County businesses in search of this miraculous "deodorant" always led me to the most illogical
of deodorant outlets, the neighborhood paraphernalia store. As "deodorant" sales soar on the West Coast, look for procaine's increase as a cocaine adulterant. The cost of Pseudocaine, a trade name of one of the "air fresheners," was $45-70 per 5 gram vial. Something may stink alright, but it's certainly not the profit.

Procaine is manufactured under several trade names including: Pseudocaine, Allocaine, Genocaine, Biocaine, Ethocaine, etc.

Procaine (unlike BUTACAINE), has no stimulant effect, and therefore no euphoric effect.

When making (FREE-BASE COCAINE) procaine forms almost transparent oily globs, rather than forming crystals as cocaine will.

Procaine is soluble in alcohol (methanol), is almost insoluble in ether, and turns brick-red in a chlorine solution.

Removal: Wash cocaine hydrochloride sample through fine filter with chloroform or acetone. The cocaine hydrochloride will pass through as the filtrant, and deposit the procaine in the filter paper as the filtrate. Desiccate or air-dry the filtrate and test for procaine hydrochloride if desired. Evaporate the filtrant for use or further testing.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE (method 1): Combine equal parts of a 10% solution of material and a 5% solution of sodium hydroxide. If the caine is procaine hydrochloride, it will form a colorless, oily precipetate. If allowed to stand for a while, the
precipitate will become crystalline. It may be necessary to rub inside of beaker with a glass stirring rod to bring about crystallization.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE (method 2): Dissolve 100mg of the material in 5 ml of water. Add 3 drops of diluted sulfuric acid and stir. Add 5 drops of 0.1 N potassium permanganate test solution. If the material is procaine hydrochloride, the purple-brown tint of the permanganate will dissappear.

MELT POINT: 153-156*C. FREE-BASE PROCAINE: 60*C.

TETRACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE (2-di-methyl-aminoethyl-parabutylamino-benzoate hydrochloride): an odorless white crystalline powder.

Although less commonly found, tetracaine has shown up in several samples of mixed alkaloidal cocaine hydrochloride. Tetracaine produces no high, and if the free-base of tetracaine is smoked in a mix with cocaine free-base, it will taste somewhat more metallic and bitter than clean base with a definite harshness if present in sufficient quantity.

Tetracaine especially deserves mention because it is highly toxic. Since the toxicity of tetracaine is so high, even a moderate intake (either snorting or smoking) will produce nervous complaints (as neural impulses are disrupted) as well as muscular tension and, all too frequently, allergic reaction. Since toxicity is high, injection is to be avoided.

Tetracaine is soluble in water and alcohol, insoluble in ether and benzene, and turns brick-red in a chlorine solution.

NOTE:REMOVAL:SAME AS FOR PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR TETRACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE: Dissolve about 100 mg of the material in 10 ml of water. Add 0.2 ml dilute hydrochloric acid and 0.2 ml of 10% sodium nitrite solution to it. Add this solution slowly to 2 ml of betanaphthol solution. If the material is tetracaine hydrochloride, no color will appear, but a white precipitate will form.

MELT POINT: 134-147*C.

LIDOCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE (monohydrate of 2-diethylamino 2'6'acetoxylidide hydrochloride): a while crystalline powder with no odor.

Lidocaine, also known as xylocaine and lignocaine, is a member of the xylidide chemical group, and possesses 4 to 5 times the anesthetic power of cocaine, with about the same toxicity.

It is also a short-acting local anesthetic with a spectrum of effects similar to the other caine drugs. It is not a benzoic ester. It is occasionally found in the free-base form, where it exhibits an off-white to light yellow color, and has a characteristic sweet, almost cream soda smell. If you smoke it in the base form, you should definitely taste the sweetness, and your tongue will most likely become thoroughly numb upon even one toke.

The rush from inhaling the base of lidocaine mixed with cocaine is noticeably stronger than that of clean cocaine free-base, can produce some exaggerated ear-ringing and a "trolley car" effect hard to describe until experienced. Lidocaine is an especially problamatic adulterant from the consumer's standpoint, because removal is very difficult even in the full-on laboratory and is too involved for mention in this post.

The best defense is to recognize lidocaine's clues of presence, exhibited perhaps most overtly when free-based. Here are a couple of things to look for when extracting the ether during the final steps of the free-base process (WILL WRITE UP LATER). Be sure to use a watch glass or some slightly dish-shaped surface. If lidocaine is present in any significant proportion, an oily
ring will become apparent around the outer extremity after evaporation. When conducting this test, care must be taken to let the ether solution evaporate without any blowing or jostling, as the results otherwise may prove inconclusive. If there is still any question, then smell the dry free-base; the proper odor of free-base cocaine is "dusty" or "musty," like a baseball diamond in July, or a vintage novel.

Lastly, scrape the free-base into a shallow pile and melt it with a torch, or in a 300* oven, careful not to break the dish or vaporize the base. Upon becoming liquid it will turn yellowish, and upon cooling as a solid state, will retain a yellow hue if lidocaine is present.

Lidocaine is soluble in water and methanol, insoluble in ether and benzene, and will show orange-red or brick-red in chlorine solution. If free-base lidocaine is used as a cut for cocaine hydrochloride, the resulting mixture will fizz and dance on the surface of the chlorine solution and eventually leave a red residue.

REMOVAL:NO RECOMMENDATION.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR LIDOCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE: To 10 ml of a 2.5% solution of the material, add sodium hydroxide solution until pH indication is alkaline. Filter this solution. Wash the residue in the filter with water several times. Dissolve the 100 mg of the residue in 1 ml of alcohol. Add 0.5 ml (10 drops) of a 10% cobalt chloride solution to this. Shake well for 2 minutes. If the material is lidocaine hydrochloride, a fine, bluish-green precipitate will form.

MELT POINT: 76-79*C.

CHEMICAL TEST FOR FREE-BASE LIDOCAINE: If this is the suspected identity of the material, do not treat with sodium hydroxide and filter. Simply dissolve 100 mg of the material in 1 ml of alcohol, add 10 drops of cobalt chloride solution and shake. If the material is free-base lidocaine, a fine, bluish-green precipitate will form within two minutes.

MELT POINT: 66-69*C.

OTHER ADULTERANTS (CUTS)- Other cuts which are being used with increasing frequency, and do remain in the final free-based product include:
CAFFEINE
EPHEDRINE
AMPHETAMINES
PREMOLINE
YOHIMBINE
ANTIPYRINE

If any of these adulterants are present in the cocaine hydrochloride, they will convert to a free-base state. Some, however, are not highly soluble in ether and therefore may, to some degree, remain in the vial during the ether extraction process. Anything which the ether will not dissolve in the extraction process is not free-base cocaine and should not be consumed.
InToXiCoLoGisT (11-18-2010)
Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Marquis

Those recipe's are all garbage, the fourth one was going somewhere till the end and went to complete shit. And baking soda is horrible to use and should be only used if that is all one can obtain. If baking soda is the only base one can obtain add as much coke no more then a O in case of major disaster. Keep adding baking soda intill the ph level is between 7.1-7.5 (you can purchase a ph tester at local pharmacy).Try to get as close to 7.5 for best results, but not more. If it's under 7.1 add more baking soda or if it's over 7.5 add a little more cocaine.

Step 1-add cocaine+baking-soda add 1" of water(high) placed inside of jar. Mix around good.

Step 2-Check ph, remember you want closest to 7.5 and not less then 7.1. Add either more coke or baking-soda depending on ph.

Step 3-Taking care not to break the jar or burn your hands, place the loosely capped jar in a shallow hot water bath and bring the water to a low boil.

Step 4-Let stand for a few minutes (2-4 approximately) until all milkiness has given way to the formation of particles or chunks.

Step 5-Continue the water bath while tilting the jar at a 45 degree angle and slowly rotating or swirling the jar in such a way as to cause the chunks of partially melted base to form or a few larger pieces.

Step 6-(note before free-base can be removed from the jar and rinsed, the jar and contents must be thoroughly cooled. Care must be taken not to break the jar by exposure to rapid, radical changes of temperature.) Now it's time for water rinse and the mechanical extraction.

Step 7-place chunks in a filter paper rinse with water about 4 times changing filter after second rinse.

Step 8-(Drying) place under a lamp or in an oven which has been preheated to 200*F and then turned off. (Remember that free-base melts at 98*C [208.4*F] so be careful not to overheat the base and melt it into the filter paper.)

That is how you free-base with baking-soda. I would rather either use ammonium or sodium hydroxide for best results followed by ether extraction for better product, faster results, and a better tasting product. Which is made a different way then the soda way.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 AM
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

I ran out of thanks today...but thanks Panda.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Duke

if it looks like fish scales or shiny its good!1111
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,599 Posts

My hobo's "boil-a-spoon" methods works just as well.

*goes off to sulk sadly in a corner*
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Duke

It's gotta be shiny.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Regular

Cool Re: How do i test the purity of cocaine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
My hobo's "boil-a-spoon" methods works just as well.

*goes off to sulk sadly in a corner*
I got your back dude.
God dam it not everyone has the time to set up a lab.
Sometime times you just want that blast.
Though a test tube works just as well without the black shit from the bottom of the spoon getting all over you.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Happily Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbod View Post
So is there acurate ways to tell the somewhat exact purity? I want to know precise and accurate ways to find out the purity.
Depending on how much work you want to go through...

- Careful, precise CWE-and-way is a generally accurate way to test purity with high precision.

- Multisolvent chromatography with molecular identification is generally a precise way to test purity with high accuracy.

There's a slight difference. It's all in the amount of work.

Quote:
A melting-point test will generally tell you if a substance is pure, but cannot tell you an estimate better than "beyond grotesquely crude" without knowing what the adulterant is.

Even then, there's a risk that different adulteration methods (dry v. solvent mixing, for instance) will result in different effects.

If someone walks up to you and says "It's well over 99% pure," however, a mp test will allow you to call bullshit or not immediately. If someone says "It's 75% pure," it won't tell you shit (except that it's not over 99% pure).

Now you know! Like a lot of sci-fi - 100% legit, just does different shit than the fiction that got advertised.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Do some good - [url=url=http://www.egenindsamling.drk.dk/start-min-egen-indsamling/hjaelp-oestafrika/indsamling.aspx?CollectionId=1999]like[/url] the east africa campaign on facebook!!

(the poster is in no way affiliated with the campaign)

[url]http://www.pixiq.com/contributors/248[/url]
[url]http://www.righttorecord.org/[/url]
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Banned

lol i actually found a practical way to test the purity of cocaine...

Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 PM
New Arrival

Hi there i am new on here.

Reading through your thread it would appear u now ur onions. 2 questions for u.

1) When u evaporate the alcohol solution with all the cutting agents caught in the filter. I take it u will have crystallised Cocaine in your chosen glass beaker. Is this then pure coke ?

2) This does not sound like a complicated procedure are then any cautions when doing said process?

Regards
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Eggs and MDPV anyone?

Send a message via ICQ to InToXiCoLoGisT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChristmas View Post
Hi there i am new on here.

Reading through your thread it would appear u now ur onions. 2 questions for u.

1) When u evaporate the alcohol solution with all the cutting agents caught in the filter. I take it u will have crystallised Cocaine in your chosen glass beaker. Is this then pure coke ?

2) This does not sound like a complicated procedure are then any cautions when doing said process?

Regards
1) probably not.

2) don't blow yourself up

Last edited by InToXiCoLoGisT; 11-18-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: lol pun
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Mud Farmer

Be careful though... Although it does have a melting point of around 195C, other solvents that are used in the process and/or cut have even higher melting points-- e.g. toluene has one of around 400 kelvin (or 260 F), so recrystallization is best if you don't know much about chemistry, as it is simple (probably first thing you'd ever do in an intro org class)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,121 Times in 753 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x Send a message via MSN to Ph0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbod View Post
Consuming it is out of the question because i dont do it and i most likely wont have someone around to test it.

So is there acurate ways to tell the somewhat exact purity? Please no "it has to look like fish scales" "its gotta look shiny". I want to know precise and accurate ways to find out the purity.

look i found a practical way to test the purity of cocaine with no thanks to any of you.

Awww, you learned how to google.

Try that next time instead of asking us to do it for you.

EL OH EL This is another necrobump, fucking mudfarmer.