Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM

Default Pick washing machine coin box

Washing machines here have an ESD coin box, the lock looks fairly easy to pick(but I may be wrong). Almost looks like a warded lock because it has the "alligator teeth" around where the key slides in, like the waded pad locks.
Any idea how to open?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Knight

Default Re: Pick washing machine coin box

I would like to know how to get into coin boxes on washing machines/dryers too
Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM

Iam almost certain i could fit my willy in their, that should unlock it
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Marquis

waded pad locks are easy to pick. I have a set of keys which cost me £10 which open any waded padlock.

Most lock smiths sell them on and offline

Google Warded lock picks theres no such thing is a waded lock But Warded lock there is. They are easy to open with or without keys.

You can just Learn how to lock pick online like i did.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:56 AM

Yes I know it's warded, just a typo and I understand how they work. I already have a key that i made that I use to open the warded padlocks. Only thing is it doesn't fit this lock, too thick. I guess I could make something thinner but I'm wondering if someone knows for sure what kind of locks these are? I'd be surprised if they use simple warded locks on coin boxes but you never know.

Last edited by AsphaltCowboy; 02-01-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy View Post
Yes I know it's warded, just a typo and I understand how they work. I already have a key that i made that I use to open the warded padlocks. Only thing is it doesn't fit this lock, too thick. I guess I could make something thinner but I'm wondering if someone knows for sure what kind of locks these are? I'd be surprised if they use simple warded locks on coin boxes but you never know.
They are simple all that stops them from opening is two picees of metal like the shape of a paper clip. It requires a thin piece of metal with a ridge in it.

If you look at these

it shows the shape that the metal would need to be to opent he locks.
I actualy have these keys. They would be simple to make from any piece of metal.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Duke

I use to break into washing and dryer machines all the time, Thoe I could never get into the coin box I could always get into the slide/start mech on the top on the machine fairly easy.

I just used a small knife like on nail clippers and a mini flat head screw driver to play with the lock and shim it open.

I did this on about 3 differnt machines and got lots of people free laundry for a good time.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM

yeah I know how the warded locks work. I simple got a masterlock warded pad lock and ground the key to look like your pics. It opens warded padlocks but is too thick to fit into the washer.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience opening the coin boxes on washing machines, especially the ones in the pic. I'm not asking how to open a warded lock I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of lock the machine uses. I thought it MIGHT be a warded because of the "alligator teeth" around the key opening, looks similar to what warded padlocks look like.
Does anyone have any idea of what type of lock is in the pic I posted or how to bypass it?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Serf

yeah they usually have universal keys for any kind of washer/dryer lock.....just sorta hard to come by....if ur friends with a lock smith then have fun
You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve would’ve happened. or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 PM

wow, i'd be surprised if there's a master key for all of them but maybe.
I don't know any locksmiths.
Anyone know what the keys to these are supposed to look like?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,599 Posts

This kind of lock uses a specially registered key called a Medeco Key. A Medeco lock is extremely hard to pick, if even possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medeco

In 1985, Medeco developed a new design under the trade name Biaxial. It provided high security and key control through the use of the elevating and rotating tumbler design and provided greater master keying capability due to double cuts on the keys and special offset tips on the pins. Additionally, hardened steel inserts were placed to defend against physical attack. A utility patent on both the key and the cylinder is used to provide protection against unauthorized manufacture and duplication of key blanks.

In 1995, Medeco introduced a product called Keymark for installations requiring strong patented key control without the need for additional drill and pick resistant features. The interchangeable core directly retrofits small format interchangeable cores (SFIC) followed by Medeco's latest high security product, Medeco3 in 2001.

In the early 1990s, Medeco started their electronic lock initiative by launching VLS, an electromechanical solution, which was heavily utilized in the payphone industry. Later in 1997, Medeco followed up with an EAC solution in Siteline, a contact/controller based product. With previous success in industrial applications, Medeco redesigned the VLS application to fit the parking industry in the late 1990s then launched their NEXGEN product geared toward parking, vending and other industrial applications in 2001. Medeco followed up NEXGEN late in 2006 with Logic using the ASSA ABLOY CLIQ Technology, and Hybrid Keys using Prox and IClass technology in 2007.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 AM

I don't think so. Medeco is just a brand of security locks, your right that they're hard to pick and it's very hard to get keys made for them.

Medecos are used on school, businesses, etc and they say "Medeco" right on them. They also look like a normal lock. This looks like it uses a unique key, look at the jiggered patter around the keyway.

All it says on it is ESD, which is a brand of coin boxes, I just can't find any info on how to posibly pick it or even a picture of what the real key might look like.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy View Post
I don't think so. Medeco is just a brand of security locks, your right that they're hard to pick and it's very hard to get keys made for them.

Medecos are used on school, businesses, etc and they say "Medeco" right on them. They also look like a normal lock. This looks like it uses a unique key, look at the jiggered patter around the keyway.

All it says on it is ESD, which is a brand of coin boxes, I just can't find any info on how to posibly pick it or even a picture of what the real key might look like.
It's a Medeco.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Marquis

Send a message via AIM to Helladamnleet Send a message via MSN to Helladamnleet Send a message via Yahoo to Helladamnleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
I use to break into washing and dryer machines all the time, Thoe I could never get into the coin box I could always get into the slide/start mech on the top on the machine fairly easy.

I just used a small knife like on nail clippers and a mini flat head screw driver to play with the lock and shim it open.

I did this on about 3 differnt machines and got lots of people free laundry for a good time.
Sure you did, faggot. It's not that easy.

"Nazi free since 2000+1+13"
Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Count

Just get a sledgehammer and break that shit open.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:45 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
Actually, it is. He said he picked the side lock, not the coin lock. The side lock is really easy to open on almost all machines, and I've done it myself with a small pocket knife... on my own washing machine, of course.
Whats the side lock? I wouldn't mind rigging my washing machine so I can get free laundry. I don't care about the 1.50 but I never have any fkin quarters.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
Watch this guide:

[yt]WOOU_2GiEpo[/yt]
hey SpectraL that video is private... any chance of an invite or a public link?
Bump for a great Idea
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 AM
New Arrival

The key for this lock is this:

http://www.aaamidwestlaundry.com/order/coin_boxes.htm
Old 04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Duke

If that's the key then it's just a wafer lock.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 AM
New Arrival

yes thats the key for this type of lock box. I'm wondering if a standard set of warded picks would unlock that?

If you click on the link, it's the 3rd box down on the page.. Its a ESDBGN which takes ESD-XD or Medeco type of key.

Medeco

Last edited by sun5941; 04-20-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun5941 View Post
yes thats the key for this type of lock box. I'm wondering if a standard set of warded picks would unlock that?

If you click on the link, it's the 3rd box down on the page.. Its a ESDBGN which takes ESD-XD or Medeco type of key.

Medeco
That model sports the ESD-XEP style lock which is an abloy styled disc lock.

I did some searching and it appears to support 4 different locks. A disc lock, a Medeco, a Wafer or Pin lock, I don't know which it is the key looks like it's a wafer, and a tubular lock.

The problem is none of these locks look like the one pictured.

Perhaps it's a replacement lock.

Last edited by Dread_Lord; 04-20-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 AM
New Arrival

a XEP would have a round looking lock, from the poster's pic the lock key he may need is the medeco key for this lock.

These are the ones normally on all the laundry machines like the one he shows, and even on mine.

Medeco keys can't be copied right?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Duke

Quote:
a XEP would have a round looking lock, from the poster's pic the lock key he may need is the medeco key for this lock.

These are the ones normally on all the laundry machines like the one he shows, and even on mine.

Medeco keys can't be copied right?
Medeco keys can be copied, you're just not supposed to copy them.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
New Arrival

I wonder if anyone has a master or can make one for me.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Banned

Also each Medco key has its own unique serial number, which is registered. You try to copy that sucker and the whole world will know, unless you can trust the person cutting it.

The washing machine cash boxes usually use a 7-pin tubular lock rather than a Medco key anyways.

Left, right and center angles on Medco keys...

Old 04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
New Arrival

Yeah, the tubular key is only for resetting the machine, you have to have the Madeco key for the cashbox. There are videos on youtube of people picking Medeco key locks.

Last edited by sun5941; 04-20-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

I don't think most laundry machine cash boxes use Medco keys at all. Way too expensive, especially when you're equipping many machines at a single location. It's true that A LOT do, but I still think 7-pin tubular locks are going to be your most common device used to lock the boxes.

By the way, here's a nice link...

http://onemansblog.com/2007/09/06/ho...shing-machine/
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
New Arrival

lol I saw that video, that video is un realistic because in today's times these vending operators are ripping people off by charging them up to 8 quarters for a single wash and another 8 for a dry.

I know where I live they charge 6 quarters for wash and 5 for dry. Its real hard to use these technique for 6 slots unless you make a device. Best thing to do is to just use a tubular lock pick like you said to open the back to hit the machine start lever. There was a video on youtube that tells you how to attach a piece of fishing line to the lever and send it out the back of the machine, and you just pull it each time you want to use it.

I suspect that the vending guy looks for this each time he opens the machine, so the only option would be is to make a tubular key after you pick it with a southord or something so you can take the back cover off to get free use of the machine.

Here is what pisses me off to no end, people pay rent, most people get free water with their rent, I can see paying for the dryer, but not the washer. Does anyone else agree? I also think an apartment complex should not allow outside vending companies to come in and offer these services, the owner of the apartment complex should run it themselves if they are going to charge people. I think they subcontract it out, so they are not lible to the tenants for anything and then they can just claim "Free enterprise" and they have no control over that. This way a bunch of tenants can't come together and sue the apartment owner for charging for water when the water in the apartment is free.

And the company that runs mine they up the price every year by 1 quarter. They figure that if 1 person takes free services and the other 99 pays, they don't care.

Last edited by sun5941; 04-20-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol I saw that video, that video is un realistic because in today's times these vending operators are ripping people off by charging them up to 8 quarters for a single wash and another 8 for a dry....
Well, here in Canada we have $1 and $2 coins which are used in the laundry machines, so you only put in two coins maximum in either the washer or dryer. So that means, as for the video, in Canada anyways, you only need two Q-Tips to do it.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
New Arrival

I didn't think about that.. your right!.